Shell in Krakow
Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell.
We believe that diverse teams led by inclusive leaders deliver better safety and business performance.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
If you would like to learn more about the growing Renewables and Energy Solutions business and work in a very dynamic and constantly changing environment, this role gives you that opportunity. It is also a great way to develop skills in partnering the business to ensure appropriate projects costs reporting and management. This position will play an important role in cost control and providing challenge and support to business decision-making. If you have reporting skills and ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of stakeholders, this could be the opportunity for you.
Where do you fit in?
Reporting directly to the Reporting & Analysis (R&A) Lead Renewable Generation you will be the part of the e2e R&A team supporting the business. You will work closely with the colleagues within the team, as well as across the organization to deliver good quality project accounting and reporting. Next to this you’ll actively help the team identify process improvement opportunities and be empowered to deliver and implement them, sharing best practice and your learnings along the way.
What’s the role?
The primary role of Project Accountant will be to support Renewables and Energy Solutions teams with projects reporting and management including Master Data, verification of costs allocated to projects, time writing reviews, projects closure, billings. More specifically the role will require to deliver:
- Cost Centre, Project codes, WBSs, etc. creation for Renewables and Energy Solutions projects.
Time Writing support:
- Review & follow up time writing compliance of New Energies (NE) staffs, to deliver no/minimum missing time writing at the end of month.
- Ensure that costs allocated to projects are captured in the right place
- Cooperation with other NE functions (i.e. CP, HR, others) to ensure right codes are used for services, people are assigned to the right Cost Center
- Cost reclasses/ billing instruction as needed/ month-end accruals
- Ensure right budget assigned to project
- Monitor spend vs Budget and timely react to overspend
- Communicate cost performance to Project Manager
- Accruals - postings and accrual control
Management information and business decision support:
- Interpreting financial information and provide adequate challenge & analytical support to the Business Stakeholders
- Support LE process by templates preparation and R1 submission
- Support Planning process
- Strong reporting skills and experience with use of reporting tools (SAP). Excellent excel skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamically changing and demanding environment, ability to quickly learn and adopt to new requirements and tasks
- Ability to remain resilient under time pressure and independently prioritise multiple competing priorities whilst maintaining appropriate attention to detail
- Ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of stakeholders
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactively look beyond the scope of requests being made and apply creativity in developing solutions
- Improvement mindset, with experience of identifying and driving improvement projects
- Openness to embrace change and remain focused even where ambiguity exists
- Excellent communication & partnering skills as well as interpersonal and relationship building skills. Good communications skills
- Strong Team Player. Ability to work with virtual teams, across cultures and time zones
- Excellent written and spoken business level in English
- 3+ years of experience in Financial area
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell