Job Evaluation & Reward Consultant
Job Evaluation & Reward Consultant
Shell in Krakow
Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell.
We believe that diverse teams led by inclusive leaders deliver better safety and business performance.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
We are looking for a Reward and Job Evaluation Consultant to join the Job Evaluation team and be part of Shell’s Performance and Reward community. Our global Reward team combines the expertise areas of Reward and Job Evaluation, and team members work across both.
While the initial focus in this position will be in Job Evaluation, you will also lead and contribute to Reward processes.
You will be part of a natural team, working together to deliver healthy organisational structures and reward systems that are market-relevant, equitable and cost-effective. As consultants to the businesses, functions and countries we collaborate closely with multiple clients across several business units, sites or geographies. We leverage best practices from inside and outside of Shell, contributing to the continuing development of a world-class organization.
A role in our Reward and Job Evaluation team provides a unique opportunity to learn about Shell and have impact in a holistic manner rarely afforded in other roles. You will develop your benchmarking/calibration, project management, business acumen, global working, stakeholder engagement and organisational design skills while applying your technical competencies of Hay Job Evaluation Methodology and pay benchmarking
• Lead Job Evaluation projects and deliver job evaluation in small and large sized reorganisations and organisation reviews as well as analysing and advising on the structure health of organisation units.
• Promote effective and efficient organizations which are satisfying and motivating for employees through the application of sound job evaluation and organizational design principles using the Hay methodology as a foundation.
• Partner with the business and HR on implications of structural choices on job grades when designing organisations and provide alternative solutions when needed.
• Help monitor and reinforce (and intervene, if required) good corporate governance in job group management across Shell to provide assurance on the standards of application, and challenge current processes, tools and methodology with a continuous improvement mindset to further our Job Evaluation journey.
• Utilise data to support organisational advice, lead and improve the metrics to be used and provide periodic organisation structure reports to your stakeholders
• Co-develop relevant and fit for purpose tools and frameworks to facilitate the application of sound job evaluation principles within Shell.
• Support Line Managers and HR in their management of JGs by providing and presenting appropriate educational materials e.g. learning programmes and guidance on the use of the EVA evaluation tool for the line manager community.
• Lead improvement projects related to JE processes and tools and design and implement simplification, standardisation, automation and elimination, especially of low-value activities.
• Engage with country stakeholders and deliver the annual benchmarking and merit budget setting cycle (including supporting mandate setting for CLAs) for assigned countries.
• Work within the Reward governance guidelines and risk & control framework, monitoring good corporate governance across Shell to provide assurance on the standards of application with a continuous improvement mindset. e.g. Conducts Post Event Control analysis
• Ensure that Reward communication materials contain clear, transparent and consistent messages about Reward.
• Flag and support the management of conflicting perspectives related to Reward and JE challenges, aiding parties to reach solutions with the use of data, understanding global standards, local budget, market pressures and ER/IR aspects.
Skills & Requirements:
• Degree level education or equivalent
• Strong numerical and analytical skills, including advanced Excel capability/aptitude. Ability to evaluate information from multiple sources, apply intuition and judgement to weigh their value and relevance to the decision at hand. Compares and contrasts situations and information, identifying patterns and trends which inform subsequent decisions.
• Proven and recent experience with Job Evaluation, applying the Hay methodology (preferably, or another globally applied methodology) in a large multinational company working with senior stakeholders
• Proven experience in performing pay benchmarking in a large multinational company working with senior stakeholders
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English. Must be confident working with Excel spreadsheets.
• Strong interpersonal and client relationship skills. Takes steps to understand and consider the diverse opinions of involved parties ahead of a proposal.