Supply Chain Commercial Lead – Renewables
Supply Chain Commercial Lead – Renewables
Shell in Krakow
Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell.
We believe that diverse teams led by inclusive leaders deliver better safety and business performance.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
In this role you will manage commercial supply chain activities for Renewables and Energy Solutions, primarily on delivering global marketing, product development and customer solutions across Renewables businesses. The focus of this role will be to deliver supply chain solutions to enable the business to achieve goals at speed with easier, faster contracting.
You will be responsible for the execution of the Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP), including Contract Strategy, Tactics and Contract Management activities for the assigned portfolio.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop functional and, most importantly, industry skills while in this role, presenting a great opportunity for growth and career progression within this fast-growing business area.
- Manage end to end (E2E) contract and spend management
- Contracting and procuring goods and services as well as developing and managing agreements
- Work with business counterparts to support business development and market entry needs.
- Constructively challenge the Business Demand, Specification &/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
- Analyzing CP business requirements and external market dynamics
- Developing and executing commercial contract strategies as well as operationalizing and commercially managing operational/tactical agreements
- Ensure all commercial activities are executed in line with the Category Management and Contracting Process for assigned operational/tactical contracts.
- Manage once-off Purchase Orders, drive rationalization of vendors and PO/contracts as appropriate
- Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement through contract management. Build a strong network in the market, be fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities coming up in the market.
The role may require occasional travel to both strengthen teamwork and build business intimacy.
The role leads commercial supply chain activities for the business of Renewables & Energy Solutions with focus on Customer Solutions.
Value Delivery: Contract Management, Compliance Requirements, Setting and executing sourcing activities E2E across multiple Businesses/Functions.
We are specifically looking for following behaviors, as they will enable success in this challenging role: proactive delivery, flexibility, drive, strong communication skills:
- Demonstrate understanding of the contracting and procurement process and commercial contract management technique, decisiveness
- Strong negotiations&influencing skills
- Solid commercial sense and understanding of procurement
- Manage execution and call-off of Framework agreements
- Organized and able to manage competing priorities
- Analytical skills and ability to work independently
- High communications and inter-personal skills, Fluent English
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player with the ability to build long term relationships
- Knowledge of ERP systems (e.g.SAP, Ariba, Primavera) is a strong plus
- Experience with marketing, branding/product development/IT/Projects categories is preferred.
- Professional CP qualification: CIPS / CPSM Certification (or similar) is an added advantage
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell