Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Junior Operations Specialist - Trade Management!
The Junior Operations Specialist must have the ability to identify market related issues on instructions (missing or conflicting requirements) and communicate these issues along with expected resolution directly to global financial institutions BBH cooperate and BBH clients. The Specialist should also identify trends that will aid in the increased STP for both the Division as well as the Client, adding to the overall Client Experience. Specialists are also taking part in the project lifecycle, testing new solutions and introducing them to the daily tasks.
- Ensures all trades straight through processed and those requiring manual intervention are properly accounted for in the accounting system.
- Reviews trade issues reports to ensure trade price deviations are researched and resolved with appropriate parties.
- Manages trading of daily cash flows with investment companies including trade confirmation oversight.
- Coordinates raising cash activities for fund portfolios for expense payments such as management fees.
- Utilizes various resources to provide cash projections to clients and customers.
- Communicates professionally and constructively to ensure proper trade entry and accountability in order to minimize risk and exposure.
- Contributes to and maintains a high level of teamwork with Trade Processing.
- Strong interest in banking area.
- BA/BS degree in a business- related field and/or equivalent work experience/internship.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Strong English skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills.
- Aptitude for documentation management, accuracy and organization.
- Strong administrative skills and ability to handle multiple tasks/requests at the same time.
What we offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.