The Risk Analytics Team sits within the business model risk side of the Risk Department and reports directly into the Group Head of Risk. The Team is responsible for maintaining, developing and presenting a number of key risk management models (including Stress-Testing, Sensitivity Analysis Value at Risk, Expected Shortfall, etc…) covering credit and market risk across all entities of the Group. Alongside this, the Team is actively engaged in the automation and optimisation of existing processes and is more often than not managing various requests from stakeholders, be it the Dealing Teams, Regulators or the Senior Leadership Team. The successful candidate will report into the Head of Risk Analytics, be mentored by a Senior Risk Analyst and will work closely with the wider Risk Department. This includes the Risk Assurance Team who are responsible for the operational management of the firm’s credit and market risk exposure and also the Regulatory Capital Team who are responsible for calculating and reporting the firm’s capital requirements.
What you will do
- Develop & test various quantitative risk management models including Stress-Testing, Sensitivity Analysis, VaR & Expected Shortfall.
- Support a codebase of over 60k lines of code used to manage credit, market and capital risk.
- Support the Risk Assurance Team with their daily, weekly and monthly reporting processes. This will require a comprehensive understanding of the processes and the ability to diagnose and rectify any problems.
- Understand the source, scope and limitations of data; the Team is highly data driven and so a firm grasp of how to manipulate and understand data is crucial.
- Propose and implement improvements to various risk management models within the scope of the Risk Management Framework.
- Manage and deliver on ad hoc requests and competing priorities from our various stakeholders. This involves delivering reliable analysis in a timely manner.
Who we are
We’ve been at the forefront of trading innovation since 1974, taking on the challenge to deliver an unmatched experience for our clients and raise the bar for tomorrow’s opportunities. Today, we’re a global fintech company incorporating the IG, tastytrade, IG Prime, Spectrum and DailyFX brands, with a presence in 20 countries across five continents and over 400 000 active clients worldwide. But we know our success is only possible because of our people, who we encourage and empower to be brave, determined and inventive. Join us if you’d like to work in an inclusive, collaborative team that will recognise your talent and allow it to shine
Who you are
You’re upbeat and enthusiastic, and you have an open mind and a curious, can-do attitude. You, like us, understand the importance of collaboration and are driven to be the best in what you do. You embody our three core values – to champion the client, learn fast together and raise the bar. You want to be part of a proudly carbon-neutral company that will prioritise your wellbeing and that of the world around you, helping to create a brighter future for all. A company that embraces diversity and welcomes everyone with respect, regardless of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, identification, faith or culture. If you’re inspired by our way of working and can bring something new to our team of topnotch people, then you’ll find a home here
- Experience with Python data science packages (NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib) and Oracle SQL. This is mandatory and will be assessed.
- Minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) undergraduate degree in a quantitative subject.
- 1-2 years’ experience working within a risk management function, or similar area within a financial services firm.
- A strong understanding of the different types of risk faced by the firm (credit, market, operational, regulatory) and how they’re managed.
- Knowledge of IG’s leveraged product set and the nuances of each.
- Familiarity with quantitative risk management models such as Stress-Testing and Value at Risk.
- An understanding of statistical concepts and their application to pricing time-series data (i.e. calculating returns).
- An understanding of the Black-Scholes options pricing model.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, MongoDB & Microsoft Excel.
- Happy to challenge the status quo and question existing methods.
- Highly organised and capable to manage a multi-stream workload.
- A strong attention to detail when providing analysis to senior stakeholders and/or regulators.
- Comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced, often-changing environment.
- An interest in financial markets.
Where you’ll work
As part of our hybrid working environment, you’ll split your time between home and the office. In this way, you’ll be able to enjoy a better work-life balance and always bring your best self to your role. At the office, you’ll have access to everything you’d expect from a world-class employer, such as a modern working environment, agile spaces, private quiet rooms and breakout areas. Plus, all our offices are located in iconic city centres, close to everything you might need for a rewarding working experience.
Let applicants know the location of the office, any location-specific technology or office perks, and a bit about the culture of the team. E.g. ‘While you’ll be based in our London office, you’ll be working with our IT teams in Bengaluru and Krakow. Join IG, and you’ll be joining the best in an always-moving industry. We’re constantly improving and developing our backend systems, as well as experimenting with machine learning approaches like predictive analytics and NLP.
How you’ll grow
Your personal and professional development are important to us. As a company that’s constantly redefining the boundaries of possibility, we’ll challenge you to push yourself, accelerate your ambitions and rise to new levels of excellence. We know that’s a big ask, so we’ll make sure that you’re supported all the way, getting the backing you need and the recognition you deserve. If you connect with our vision and can get behind it, you’ll be rewarded with countless opportunities to experience new things and enhance your abilities.
From the team
The Risk Analytics Team embraces technology using Python, SQL, MongoDB and Google Cloud Platform to build and deploy risk management models. If you like to present a story backed up by data then this is the role for you.