Senior Financial Accountant
Aon Sp. z o.o.
With over 300 employees, the EMEA Finance Centre in Krakow provides financial services for Aon entities in multiple countries. The Senior Accountant of Financial Instruments and Benefits Accounting is primarily responsible for ensuring timely and accurate reporting of Aon’s corporate ledgers with a focus on foreign currency (FX) risk, derivatives, pensions, and transfer pricing. This includes key close responsibilities, such as month end activities, independent project management, preparation of external reporting footnotes, IFRS reporting, and forecast/budget analysis. The role focuses on process improvements along with ad hoc projects..
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
- Monitor Aon’s global foreign currency (FX) exposures including operating cash balances, intercompany balances, and other balance sheet items
- Collaborate with global contacts to drive FX initiatives
- Assist with derivatives accounting for Aon’s international hedge programs through close focused tasks, Sarbanes-Oxley controls, and account reconciliations
- Monitor Aon’s global pension plans and help in accounting for Aon’s largest plans
- Independently operate Global Transfer Pricing Program through:
- Coordination between involved parties (Corporate Treasury, Tax, Global Country Controllers) to ensure timely completion of the biannual transfer pricing cycles
- Mitigate FX risk around unpaid invoices
- Drive innovations and improvements on existing processes including settling aged invoices
- Collaborate with our Finance Centers to drive efficiency and improve financial reporting
- Assist with ad hoc special projects as needed
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- 3-5 years of experience in an accounting/finance related role
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in finance, economics or similar
- English at C1 level
- CPA preferred but not required
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel
- Knowledge of accounting and reporting systems, Workday, TM1, and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) preferred
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.