Model Developer Firmwide Stress
Job Reference #
Do you like working in an agile, fast changing environment? Are you adept at risk matters and familiar with quantitative modelling? Do you enjoy working in a highly specialized team that develops and delivers stress testing solutions? Then we are looking for you to:
– maintain stress testing methodologies for firm-wide risks of UBS
– use techniques from quantitative risk management, financial mathematics and econometrics to assess and change models
– enhance model codes in R or python and produce clear documentation
– interact and discuss with stakeholders in Group Risk Control (senior model owner, model validation teams and model governance bodies)
You’ll be working in the Stress Methodology Agile Chapter in Krakow, Poland. Our role is to develop, maintain, and apply UBS’s stress testing framework for assessing the impact of global macro-economic scenarios on the firm’s profitability and capital adequacy. The framework captures all risk types across all businesses world-wide. We develop and maintain a suite of scenario-aligned stress risk models and support diverse additional stress-related activities.
– a Master's degree in quantitative discipline (e.g. Econometrics, Statistics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics)
– sound knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their applications
– strong quantitative and coding skills
– a good understanding of financial markets and the banking business, and
– knowledge of financial accounting is a plus
– able to respond quickly to ad-hoc management requests
– a great communicator and knows how to handle challenging situations
– team-oriented, while able to complete tasks independently to high quality standards
– an expert user of R programming language or other related languages (e.g. Matlab, python)
– fluent in English
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."