Senior Data Engineer (with Python)
Recruitment process for this position and onboarding trainings are conducted online.
Capgemini Engineering provides premium software engineering services to leading technology companies. Our customers usually range from startups to the leaders on the market, which drives a culture of acceleration and innovation. We are convinced that team extension is the only engagement model, which works best.
We are building a Data Engineering team of 4 people from scratch for one of our top clients: a leading American company in the food delivery service field. You are going be part of the new international team on the ongoing project.
As a Data Engineer, you will build distributed data processing solutions and highly loaded database solutions for various business cases including reporting, product analytics, marketing optimization and financial reporting. Contribute as part of self-organized team of experienced Data Engineers working in a challenging, innovative environment for our client, creating the foundation for decision-making at a company dealing with billions of events per day. You are going to investigate, create, and implement the solutions for already existing technical challenges, as well as provide guidance, instruction, direction, leadership to a development team with the purpose of achieving project goals.
What do you need to start?
- Vast experience in Spark, Airflow, and Kafka
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python (Java or Scala would be a plus)
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years experience working in Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, or a similar role
- 3+ years of experience in ETL orchestration and workflow management tools
- Experienced in Database fundamentals, SQL and Distributed Computing
- Experience with the Distributed Data/similar ecosystem
- Communication skills and experience working with technical and non-technical teams
What are you going to do?
- Provide estimations, agree task duration with the manager and contribute to project plan of assigned area.
- Analyze scope of alternative solutions and makes decision about area implementation
- Ensure that assigned area/areas are delivered within set deadlines and required quality objectives.
- Address area-level risks, provides and implement mitigation plan.
- Report about area readiness/quality, and raise red flags in crisis situations.
- Be responsible for resolving crisis situations.
- Initiate and conduct code reviews, follow code standards, conventions and guidelines.
- Suggest technical and functional improvements to add value to the product;
- Constantly improve your own professional level.
What have we prepared for you?
Our famous atmosphere:
Capgemini Engineering is recognized for its flexibility when it comes to its employees’ preferences, caring for the employees’ well-being, and promoting its own values. We are trying our best to match the project with the talent. We also give our team members an opportunity to choose what career path they want to pursue.
Space where you can develop yourself:
- Focus on Innovation and R&D: while working at Capgemini Engineering, you will be using cutting-edge technologies to work on global international projects (both large scale ones and start-ups) to gain multi-sector expertise.
- Training/Learning opportunities: external courses, education & certificates co-funding, 70+ certification preparation pathways with further certification (e.g., MS Azure, AWS, Google) on our NEXT learning platform, as well as a free access to Pluralsight, Service Now, TED Talks, Coursera courses, and virtual trainings.
A lot of benefits:
- Elastic working hours/working models.
- Private medical care which can be extended by a package of dental services purchased on preferential terms.
- Private life insurance which can be extended by oncology package purchased on preferential terms.
- Referral bonuses for recommending your friends to Capgemini.
- Access to our Nais benefit platform (40+ options available: Netflix, Spotify, Multisport, cinema tickets, etc.).
- Offices in great locations, car leasing program, carpooling options, and bicycle parking.
Who are we?
As an integral part of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Engineering combines world-leading engineering, research and development services with digital manufacturing expertise to create innovative and world-changing solutions on an international scale.
Our team is more than 52,000 engineers and scientists in over 30 countries across sectors including Aeronautics, Automotive, Railways, Communications, Energy, Life Sciences, Semiconductors, Software & Internet, Aerospace & Defense, and Consumer Products.
Do you want to get to know us better? Visit our website: https://capgeminiengineering.com/en/