People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 20+ million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 5000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
The Finance team is an integral part of any business. At Revolut, we take that one step further. Our global financial super app would be lost without them.
They’re more than just an important part of the business – they’re our backbone
Internal accounting? That’s a good start. Supporting all areas of the company and assessing financial implications from various key strategic decisions and growth opportunities – this is what our financial people do all day long.
Here’s the story. The tax rules and company optimisation approach are driving towards digital tax reporting. Tax authorities are increasing their focus upon accessing systems for tax analytics and this is becoming part of a central tax risk compliance focus. The challenge is to prepare and submit all the administrative tax filings. Only a fearless Senior Financial Controller won’t get lost among all the requirements. If you haven’t got scared so far, there’s a big chance it’s you!
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with the tax compliance teams for Direct and Indirect tax
- Focusing upon the development of automated calculations and tax filings for direct tax and indirect tax projects
- Extracting and utilising data to support the preparation and submission of UK and overseas tax returns
- Assisting with transfer pricing, tax optimisation, and direct and indirect tax projects for the global group
- Supporting the team with data driven tax forecasting and cash tax processes;
- Helping to optimise tax spend globally
- Supporting with preparation of group tax disclosures for statutory accounts
What you'll need
- ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification. CTA or equivalent qualification would be a bonus but not essential
- Strong experience with Corporation Tax is essential (UK preferable, but European and US considered)
- Data analytics skills or experience would be preferable (SQL preferable but not required)
- Ability to extract and validate information from IT systems and build evidence based tax audit trails which can be aligned to the tax rules
- Experience with Corporate Tax Accounting (ledger postings, reconciliation to tax returns, TP allocation calcs and invoicing, CT return data)
- Experience with VAT/sales tax accounting is preferable but not essential
- Knowledge of the month end tax accounting process
- Knowledge of IAS12 concepts and experience with financial statement reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with highly experienced business and tax professionals in a start-up atmosphere
- Self-starter attitude with problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work independently with a high level of initiative and judgement
- Flexible mindset and willingness to embrace change
By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.