Shell in Krakow
Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell.
We believe that diverse teams led by inclusive leaders deliver better safety and business performance.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Investigator to join our global team of Shell Internal Audit and Investigations (SIAI).
In Shell Internal Audit and Investigations (SIAI) we work with all businesses in all parts of the world. We aim to deliver independent, courageous and actionable insights from our audits and investigations and support learning and improvement at all levels of Shell. By doing so, we support sustainable delivery of Shell’s strategic goals: being a World Class Investment Case, upholding a strong Societal License to Operate and Thriving in the Energy Transition.
The Shell Global Helpline and SIAI’s integrity investigations unit is a cornerstone of Shell's ethical culture, providing a trusted safe space for the raising of concerns and a dedicated team investigations team on potential Code of Conduct violations, which is relied upon respected and supported by leadership and Board level.
- Assist Lead Investigators with investigation Planning activities, including:
- Preparation of investigation Terms of Reference.
- Obtaining additional information on allegations.
- Creation of investigation approach, strategy and planning.
- Preliminary investigation enquiries and drafting Notes to File.
- Creating an evidence repository for every investigation
- Assist Lead Investigators with the Execution of investigations, including:
Identifying and retrieving sources of evidence including: HR records, Travel and Expense records, Ethics & Compliance records, ERP/Financial records, Contracting and Procurement records.
Forensic IT: Perform searches of electronic data using Forensic search tools (e.g. FTK) to identify red flags for Lead Investigator review. Forensic imaging of assets (laptops, phones, devices). Preparing reports out based on findings.
Data Analysis: Review output from SIAI Data Analytics experts to identify red flags for Lead Investigator review.
Undertaking advanced due diligence screening/background checks using public domain data (e.g. corporate records searches etc).
Interviews: assist with the interviewing of witnesses/subjects.
Providing periodic status updates to stakeholders.
Preparation of Investigation Report for Lead Investigator write-up.
- Assist Lead Investigators with investigation Reporting activities, including:
Undertaking Report Quality Control Reviews according to a checklist.
Coordinating closeout meetings with stakeholders.
Prepare investigation summaries to support learnings from incidents.
Updating and completing information in BID’s case management systems (CMS and Global Helpline) throughout the investigation and on closing.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a relevant discipline such as Finance, Legal, Criminology, IT Forensics.
- High degree of integrity and reliability
- Strong people skills to be highly credible in dealing with whistleblowers and witnesses
- Strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent data analysis skills and persistence combined with objectivity, balance and excellent judgement
- Courage in handling challenging situations and in assessing ethical and moral dilemmas
- Fluent in English, including high quality writing skills
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell