Cloud Engineer & Chapter Lead
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
You’ll be working on one of UBS’s most ambitious and critical technology projects: to migrate a large proportion of over 1000 applications to public cloud infrastructure and managed services.
You’ll collaborate with global IT teams across the Investment Bank to help them on their cloud migration journey by engineering common, re-usable solutions that can be used to accelerate cloud adoption across the organisation. We’re looking for someone who’ll be able to:
• work collaboratively across the organisation
• Solve challenging problems in an elegant but pragmatic way
• write high quality reusable code, adhere to coding standards and always consider security
• write professional, clear and comprehensive documentation
• apply best development and DevOps practices and effectively utilize technologies
• as a Chapter Lead you will manage and coach other engineers, providing guidance and supporting their personal development
You’ll be working in the Investment Bank IT Architecture COE Cloud Engineering team based in London, Wroclaw and Krakow. Our role is to provide IB Technology teams with oversight, support and solutions to implement a strategic architecture on public cloud services. We help by sharing the architecture vision, working with teams on their solution design, creating code samples and documentation, and ensuring that the developer experience of migrating to cloud within our organization is easy and enticing.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• focused on quality
• an excellent communicator, fluent in English
• aware of on-going technology trends and know how to pragmatically leverage their benefits
• a quick learner
• comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• able to inspire your team and get the best out of people
Our ideal candidate’s expertise:
• Microsoft Azure or other major cloud platforms
• Infrastructure-as-code, using tools such as Terraform, ARM or CloudFormation
• CI/CD including tools such as Azure DevOps, GitLab CI, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, TeamCity etc.
• Containers and container orchestration using Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
• Scripting languages including Windows PowerShell, Bash etc.
• Making contributions to open- or inner-source projects
• Agile development practices (Scrum, Kanban)
• DevOps practices and the value of automation
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."