Product Owner - Stress Testing Models
Job Reference #
Are you adept at risk matters and familiar with quantitative modelling? Are you interested in Stress Testing? Do you enjoy working in a highly specialized team to develop and deliver solutions? Then we are looking for you to:
– lead the development and maintenance of products of stress testing models of the team for UBS Group and its legal entities, and in particular, risk models related to treasury risks such as funding cost risk,
– answer methodological questions raised by external regulators,
– interact and discuss with key internal stakeholders (senior model owner, business representatives, model validation teams, IT and model governance bodies), and
– plan and prioritize the team’s backlog activities to ensure the timely delivery of key projects such as the incorporation of climate risk and new regulatory requirements like the Basel IV in the stress models.
You’ll be working in the Firm-wide Stress Methodology Agile Chapter in Krakow. Our role is to develop, maintain, and apply UBS’ stress testing framework for assessing the impact of global macro-economic scenarios on the firm’s profitability and capital adequacy. The framework captures firm-wide risk types across all businesses world-wide. We develop and maintain a suite of scenario-aligned stress risk models and support diverse additional stress-related regulatory activities including climate risk.
– a Master's or PhD degree in applied quantitative discipline (e.g. Econometrics, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Economics, Finance)
– at least 5 years of experience in risk modelling with proven knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their applications
– good understanding of financial markets and products, the banking business, and treasury activities at a global bank, incl. knowledge of financial and regulatory accounting
– organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines
– experience in leading a team.
– familiar with regulatory guidance related to Pillar 2 models and ICAAP processes
– able to respond quickly to ad-hoc management requests
– a great communicator (and you know how to handle challenging situations)
– team-oriented while able to complete tasks independently
– an expert user of the R language, knowledge of functional programming and object-oriented programming is preferred.
– fluent in English
– You'll have exposure to a variety of portfolios and risk type (both position risks and consequential risks)
– Ability to research, develop and implement cutting edge risk models
– You will build a large network across the bank
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."