Solution Architect/Lead Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you a motivated self-starter? You can juggle multiple priorities, stakeholders and topics in parallel? Do you want to support strategic transformation projects with strong exposure to senior leadership? Then we are looking forward to meeting you!
We’re looking for a Solution Architect/Lead Developer developer to:
• Analyze, design and deliver IT changes within programs that range from regulatory, risk, strategic WM business initiatives to cloud transformation
• Recommend and drive internal process and system improvement initiatives
• Take part in the planning, delivery and execution of projects or programs, collaborate to refine user requirements
You will be part of the Bookstore team. The team consists of experienced Developers, QAs and Business Analysts located mostly in Krakow. Bookstore application was created to gather risks on trading books in one place, now it’s a Golden Source of all book related data across the bank. Also, our application is connected to big number of Front Office systems to exchange book data. You'll play an important role in seeing our transition to Cloud technologies, simplification of IT landscape and improvement in our business operating model.
• Build API/GUI based solution to distribute reference data to our diverse set of users
• Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and share new concepts
• Perform code reviews and proactively share constructive feedback within the team
• Ideally 7+ years of experience as a Full-Stack Developer with strong programming knowledge in Java
• Working experience in building REST API, event driven microservices and GUI
• Experience in distributed systems and Cloud environment for e.g., Azure (preferred), AWS, GCP
• In-depth knowledge of relational databases. Experience in PostgreSQL DB is preferred.
• Expert in Spring (Boot, Cloud, Security, Azure), TDD (JUnit, Mockito), BDD (Cucumber, JBehave, Concordion, KarateJS)
• Experience with continuous delivery and deployment pipelines (Teamcity, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm Charts) and Agile methodologies (SCRUM, XP, Kanban)
• Proficient at working with large and complex code bases (GitHub, Gitflow, Fork/Pull Model)
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."