Hedge Fund Accounting and Valuation Specialist
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas specialising in the administration and protection of financial securities for institutional investors, financial intermediaries and major companies worldwide. We have local expertise in 36 markets and a global reach covering more than 90 markets.
As leading global custodians, we serve a range of clients such as fund managers (including alternative funds), insurance companies, sovereign-wealth funds, pension funds, brokers and investment banks, commercial banks, major companies and issuers.
The Warsaw office was established in 2008 and comprises two business lines:
International Operations Centre (IOC) providing asset and fund services for a number of locations across Europe.
Custody & clearing services offering broker-dealers, global custodians and investment banks a full clearing, settlement and custody solution in Poland and other markets.
Your responsibilities will include:
As a member of NAV team you will be responsible for end-to-end NAV calculation and control of hedge funds which includes:
- Reconciliation of cash, securities and derivatives positions
- Investigating and resolving of complex process discrepancies
- Booking portfolio trades and capital activities
- Control of fund expenses and corporate events
- Valuation of funds’ assets
- Acting as a point of contact for the oversight and business partners.
Requirements for beginners:
- General knowledge about accounting principles/financial instruments/capital markets
- English on advanced level
- Good MS Office knowledge
- Accuracy and strong attention to details
- Eager to learn
- Highly motivated and engaged team player
Requirements for experienced individuals:
- University degree, preferred Finance and Accounting, Economics or similar
- Experience in fund services industry or similar areas (experience in NAV calculation is a strong asset)
- Deep understanding of various types of investments and bookkeeping principles
- Fluent English
- Very good MS Office knowledge (especially MS Excel)
- Reliability and confidence in contact with external parties
- Solid communication skills
- Strong attention to details and ability to perform in depths analyses of accounting discrepancies
- Highly motivated and engaged team player
- Stable employment, with full-time job contract
- Six Career Paths to choose from
- Complex on boarding and induction programme
- Trainings, co-financed language courses, professional certifications and post-graduate studies
- Flexible working system, 50% working from home
- Private medical package
- Life insurance
- Employee Pension Plan
- Sports Card
- Lunch Card
- Cafeteria Platform
- Modern, eco-friendly office located near Metro Daszyńskiego station
We are interested in both, junior and more senior profiles. The level of the position will be considered individually based on a candidate’s professional experience.
Attractive benefits package:
- private medical care
- life insurance
- sports card
- additional benefits to choose from the Cafeteria Platform
- lunch card
- co-funding of language courses and many more
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Please attach the below clause to your application:I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) introduced into the Polish law with Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Dz. U. 2018 poz.1000 as amended). I acknowledge that I have the right at any time to view, to amend or correct and to request to erase my personal data.
Get to know more about us on:
See you soon :)
BNP Paribas Securities Services S.K.A. Oddział w Polsce
ul. Wronia 31, 00-846 Warszawa