IT BA - Projects Business Analysis
IT BA - Projects Business Analysis
Shell in Krakow
Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell.
We believe that diverse teams led by inclusive leaders deliver better safety and business performance.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
What’s the role?
The IT Business Analyst is responsible for identifying and defining the business needs of their clients and stakeholders and helping to determine solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. This work is typically within a specific business area. The role may be part of an IT project development environment or an individual contributor at the business interface.
This position has the following accountabilities:
- Able to link technical solutions with business strategy when working with business partners. Has knowledge of how competitors are using IT solutions to gain competitive edge, applies that knowledge to projects. Leading stakeholder management activities. Creates opportunities to make the stakeholder feel valued and develop trust.
- Broad and extensive knowledge, often in own specialized field especially Retail Business, to provide interpretive, advisory or facilitating services for the use of others to achieve results. The job requires extensive knowledge of working on Retail Point Of Sale, Back Office Sale and Integrations.
- Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements, including health, safety, security, usability, data, and supportability considerations.
- Participates in team effort to create new best practice material based on identified gaps. Serves as an SME for specific tools, techniques, or business areas.
- Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options.
- Assess and model processes, data flows, and technology to understand the current value and issues, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Create clear documentation to communicate requirements and related information; keep updated to align with the solution over the project lifecycle.
- Ensure traceability of requirements from business needs and requirements, through testing and scope changes, to final solution.
- Interact with software suppliers, designers and developers to understand software limitations, deliver elements of system and database design, and ensure that business requirements and use cases are handled.
- Configure and document software and processes, using agreed standards and tools.
- Create acceptance criteria and validate those solutions meet business needs through defining and coordinating testing.
- Expertized in working on Retail Site System Landscape, understanding POS, BOS, HOS and functional domains like NFR, Loyalty, Site Operation, Wet Stock Business, Payments/ Settlements and Fleets etc. Familiarity working with UK site specific markets.
- Guide business stakeholders to gain acceptance / sign-off. Manage requirements to the smallest set that will provide the biggest impact in advancing business objectives and end-user buy-in.
- Describe technology in terms easily understood by business customers and set realistic customer expectations for the project outcome. Adjust customer expectations in accordance with changes in scope.
- Generate innovative approaches to existing problems or new opportunities.
- Work closely with stakeholders to build trust and understand their goals, motivations, constraints, risks, and operating environment.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
What we need from you
We are keen to hear from the candidates with below skill set:
- Extensive experience in IT Business analyst role
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts.
- Has a comprehensive knowledge of the technical specialism of IT Business Analysis.
- Experience in Agile/ Waterfall/ Hybrid Methodologies of Software Development and Delivery.
- Proficient in the majority of the Retail Business Domains viz Site Systems (POS, BOS, HOS), Business Domain (NFR, Fleet, Loyalty, Fuel Pricing etc).
- Have an insight of UK Retail Site System specific landscape, platforms/ products.
- Ability to take a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving and pay close attention to detail.
- Able to act as a focal point for a specialized area (technical or business); able to lead teams while managing multiple competing priorities.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of business process improvement, benefit and risk management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication, presentational skills and stakeholder engagement.