Legal Counsel - Intellectual Property
Legal Counsel - Intellectual Property
Shell in Krakow
Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell.
We believe that diverse teams led by inclusive leaders deliver better safety and business performance.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
Providing high quality, accurate and timely legal advice under Legal Services Global Operations department with a strong focus on Technology agreements across Shell’s businesses including upstream, wells, integrated gas, new energy, chemicals, and global commercial.
Ensure that legal considerations, including mitigation of legal risks identified, are taken into account in operations, planning activities and contracting.
Monitor relevant legal developments in Technology and communicate these to the business
Engage and collaborate with Shell lawyers & businesses, globally and across the various functions within the organization.
Commitment to and focus on continuous improvement and simplification of legal guidance and self-help materials for business stakeholders through the application of IT and Digital tools, and role modelling of behavior and mindset required of a high performance legal organization.
Ensure that legal risks are identified, appropriate alternative structures and strategies are considered, and documents are appropriately drafted to reflect commercial decisions, at all times consistent with professional standards, legal obligations, the Shell General Business Principles, Shell Control Framework and governing policies.
Legal activities are expected to include: (i) providing legal advice with respect to proposed technology/commercial strategies; (ii) advising on legal rights and obligations with a focus on research and development, collaboration with universities and joint industry participants in the energy sector; (iii) negotiation and drafting of contracts, guidance and other documentation; (iv) develop and provide legal training to internal stakeholders; and (vii) resolution of legal and business problems encountered in the promotion of business interests and the protection of its assets and reputation.
Deliver according to Legal’s operating model with focus on prioritising high value and risk matters
- Possess a degree in law.
- Incisive grasp of legal issues, demonstrated learner mindset and capability to expand knowledge in relevant areas of law
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- To be a team player and integrate seamlessly between legal and commercial
- Ability to work with both internal and external stakeholders with diverse external background
- Strong business acumen, risk assessment ability and ability to balance competing interests of businesses at varied stages of their evolution
- The ability to work in a less well-defined legal environment with clients who need pragmatic and decisive legal advice.
- To be creative and think out of the box whilst maintaining a clear stand on Shell’s policies and strategies when resolving legal and commercial conflicts.
- Astute risk and reputational management skills, and requires the ability to deal with, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Resilience to keep a calm and balanced approach and maintain a robust stance in respect of allocation of risk for the Group, while balancing that with the commercial and strategic drivers
- Ability to clearly explain legal risks, develop sound mitigation strategies and find acceptable commercial solutions
- A clear commitment to the highest standards of ethical and compliant behavior as well as inclusive leadership, modeling behaviors that supports a commitment to Ethics & Compliance, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusiveness.
- Able to coach and support others (e.g. more junior lawyers and paralegals) and takes responsibility for doing so.
- Independent and is accountable for relationships with broad range of stakeholders.
- Has breadth of experience and knowledge that creates ability to deal with new and unexpected issues
- Able to solve imaginatively, common technical/operational problems
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell