Internal Control Specialist
Internal Control Specialist
The purpose of the role is to provide independent and objective assessment of the design and operating effectiveness ICFR (Internal Control over Financial Reporting - SOX) or CECS (Control over Economic Capital and Solvency - Solvency II) and Compliance processes and controls. The team provides this service directly to the CFO’s in over 40 reporting units across the globe: EMEA, APAC, LatAm. The incumbent in the position will actively participate in the improvement of internal controls of the company by ensuring compliance with the Zurich Policies and Guidelines.
- Planning and executing internal controls` testing activities for the Reporting Units (RU) that have been assigned
- Supporting the Senior and/or Manager in analyzing the financial reporting risks completion and appropriateness
- Testing of sensitive controls with highly confidential evidence
- Support the ICFR Testing Team in ad-hoc ICFR/CECS testing related tasks and projects
- Complete deliverables, in a timely and accurate manner, as assigned by the Testing Senior and/or Manager
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Accounting / Finance/ Economics
- 1+ years of postgraduate experience in internal controls or in audit preferable
- Knowledge of Finance & Accounting processes and controls or Audit is a pre-requisite
- English C1
- Previous experience dealing with global/regional audit or internal controls engagements will be viewed as a strong asset - preferably in SOX environment
- A recognized accounting or audit qualification e.g. CIA, CPA, ACCA or CIMA as additional plus or willingness to pursue it
- Knowledge of Organization and Control Environments, Audit Risk Assessment, Internal & External Audit Standards
- real life opportunities to develop and grow with us and contribute to the world around us
- competitive salaries, language allowance and an employee benefits package that includes among others medical insurance, life insurance and sport-card
- annual bonus depending on company annual results and individual performance
- wide range of learning programs and personal development opportunities including also possibility to apply for up to 80% of educational trainings reimbursement
- referral awards
- online fitness trainings
- possibility to work from home
- nice and friendly atmosphere
Who we are:
Zurich is one of the world’s leading insurance groups, and one of the few to operate on a global basis. Our mission is to help our customers understand and protect themselves from risk.
In March 2016 we established a Shared Service Centre in Kraków, in Poland to support our global strategy. It is from this location that we have created a global shared service platform, focusing on advanced business functions such as financial accounting and reporting, planning and performance management, ICFR testing, financial systems management as well as HR integrated talent management operations.
We are committed to creating value for all our stakeholders on some of their deepest challenges, including climate change, a changing world of work and a digital society. Sustainability is a strategic priority for Zurich and it is our ambition to be known as one of the most responsible and impactful businesses in the world. In 2019, Zurich outperformed 99 percent of our industry peers in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index. And we received numerous awards across the world acknowledging our commitment to diversity, community resilience and responsible investment. Reinforcing our ambition, in June 2019 Zurich first insurer to commit to the UN Global Compact’s Business Ambition for 1.5C. We believe sustainability is about meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs – ultimately ensuring we do business in a way today that ensures our long-term growth.
This role is related to the key area of Zurich’s activity in Kraków. We are committed to complete the recruitment process as soon as possible, however in some occasions it may take up to 6 months and the requirements for the position may be subject to some clarification or modification during the recruitment process.
The controller of your personal data is Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (Stock-Offering Company) Branch in Poland (“We”, “Us”) with headquarters in Krakow, ul. Promienistych 1. In case you choose that your profile shall be visible to other recruiters worldwide, your personal data will be shared with other companies from the Zurich Insurance Group. The controller of your personal data will also be Zurich Insurance Group Ltd in Switzerland and any company that chooses to include you in its recruitment process. In such case you are hereby informed, that potential job opportunities may exist outside European Economic Area and other third countries treated by the law of the European Union as providing adequate level of protection. You understand that the laws of such third countries may provide a lower level of data protection (meaning that e.g., state authorities in such countries may be permitted to access your personal data). By clicking "I Accept" below you explicitly agree to the respective data access of or transfer to such countries.
Your personal data will be processed to carry out the recruitment process, as well as for purposes related to employment, if the employment will be established. It will also be retained and further processed for future recruitment processes in case you agree to such processing. The legal bases for processing are:
- necessity to process data in order to take action before concluding a possible employment contract and possible implementation of this contract (Article 6(1)(b) GDPR),
- compliance with legal obligations e.g., regulating the process of recruitment and employment (Article 6(1)(c) GDPR and Article 22(1) § 1, § 2 and § 4 of the Polish Labour Code),
- necessity to process data for the purposes of our legitimate interests (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR), such as: the choice of the right candidate, managing the recruitment and employment process, verification of competences and information provided during recruitment, avoiding conflicts of interest and preventing crime and corruption (i.e., data on affiliation with public officials), archiving data, establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims,
- your consent (Article 6(1)(a)GDPR) in cases, when none of the abovementioned legal bases apply, including when we processes your personal data in connection with other recruitment processes than you initially participated in, when you agree to your personal data being shared with other recruiters worldwide or when you agree to take part in our Talent Acquisition Survey. When we ask you for permission to process your personal data and you voluntarily agree to the processing of them, your personal data will be processed only for the purposes indicated in the consent.
Providing personal data is voluntary but in some cases may be necessary for the recruitment process to be carried out and finished. We will inform you whenever specific data is necessary for the recruitment and related activities.
The data submitted may include a limited amount of special category personal data, which:
- you may choose to disclose, e.g., information about your health if, for example, you are seeking a corresponding accommodation or
- you may be required to provide by the applicable law.
Your personal data processed for the above purposes will not be subject to decisions made solely on the basis of automated processing, including profiling.
The data will be processed for the duration of the recruitment process (which may usually take up to 6 months), and then their storage will take place for the duration of your consent (if you have given it) or for the existence of our legitimate interest (no longer for the period of limitation of any your or our claims).
Your data will be shared with:
- Zurich Insurance Group Ltd headquartered in Switzerland due to the fact that this company is providing this tool to its subsidiaries (including Us) and may be providing to us other services that may require access to your personal data,
- other Zurich Insurance Group Ltd subsidiaries, if you choose to share your data using the choices We provide,
- other service providers or public officials that need access to your personal data.
You have the right to access the data, receive a copy of it, rectify it, delete it or request limitation of its processing, object, and the possibility of withdrawing consent at any time, but the withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing which was carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
We provide our e-mail addresses if you want to contact us email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, e.g., to exercise your rights.