Data Scientist for Model Operations
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about owning, developing, maintaining and improving our firm’s Anti Money Laundering models?
Are you an analytical and structured individual who is ready to support a team of model owners and actively develop model governance of our global portfolio of transaction monitoring models?
Then don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to learn more about our Model Operations team and our key mandate, apply! Be part of a newly formed function with a growing mandate.
We're looking for multiple seasoned colleagues who:
• have direct hands on experience with Anti Money Laundering models such as Actimize or Mantas
• proficient in one or more scripting languages (SQL, R, Python. MatLab, SAS.)
• ensure UBS model development documentation standards are strictly followed with regard to model data inputs, model design and execution, and model use and ongoing performance monitoring
• will be the main contacts for senior management and stakeholders including model validation, business, and regulatory and Audit partners concerning inquiries related to transaction monitoring models supported by the individual contributors being recruited for these roles
• actively contribute to the Book of Work planning & Model Validation activity lifecycle by delivering model specific tasks on time, in budget, and in scope
• experience in understanding the red flag guidance provided by the regulatory bodies and come up with different risk modeling option and further optimize transaction monitoring models
You'll be joining a growing Model Operations team as part of GCRG Methodologies and Models, the model and innovation hub for UBS non-financial risk management. You'll play a driving role in ensuring our models comply with our global model risk governance framework and will shape the continuous improvement of the models and the overall function.
• an advanced University degree (Master or Ph.D.) in computer science, math, physics, economics, data science, electrical or mechanical engineering, financial engineering, operations research, or related domain.
• ideally 3+ years of quantitative model development or model validation experience in financial services, risk & compliance domain with strong domain knowledge in Financial Crime Prevention, Market Surveillance, or employee monitoring and experience in how these risks can effectively be monitored using models, including parameter testing techniques such as Below The Line testing
• strong analytical mindset with the ability to identify risks and opportunities including the ability to analyze data to bridge business purpose, and vice versa
• relevant, hands on experience and understanding of model risk management / model governance requirements and processes. Role requires thorough understanding of model regulatory framework and ability to support and guide model owners and steer the portfolio of UBS transaction monitoring models efficiently and effectively
• self-starter, able to manage and prioritize multiple priorities, including the ability to independently define/design, document, and defend conceptual soundness, outcomes analysis, identify boundary conditions, weaknesses and limitations, and production of high quality of model documentation
• excellent project management, communication & presentation skills with strong focus in soft/interpersonal skills. This includes end to end project ownership, manages critical path of delivery timelines, mitigates blockers and escalates as needed, avoids delivery surprises by managing timelines, expectations, and managing escalations early and proactively while avoiding surprises for all project stakeholders such as Financial Crime Prevention, IT, Model Validation, Business Partners, Regulatory Relations, and senior executives
• high proficiency and fluency in verbal and written English required
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."