ABOUT BNY MELLON
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
Our group, Compliance Data, Reporting and Analytics sits within Risk & Compliance (2nd Line of Defense) tasked to build the Non-Financial Risk Data and Analytics platform. We build cutting-edge dashboards that provide our Bank’s leadership with actionable intelligence and management information for timely decisions in the best interest of BNY Mellon.
What are we looking for? You are a candidate, strong with details, and the desire to join a transformation journey but you are also an out of the box thinker; and like to challenge the status quo. You have excellent PowerBI and Alteryx skills. You are independent and great at research and analysis. You are articulate and good at storytelling with data. Join us to Design and Build an Executive level Non-Financial Risk Cockpit in Azure.
- Power BI dashboard development and administration
- Building Analytics driven reporting models
- Developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop and server
- Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data for Business Intelligence
- Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports
- Able to implement row level security on data and understand application security layer models in Power BI
- Proficient in making queries in Power BI and in using Alteryx
- Expertise in using advance level calculations on the data set
- Responsible for design methodology and project documentation
- Able to develop tabular and multidimensional models
- Adept in developing, publishing, and scheduling Power BI reports as per the business requirements
- Able to properly understand the business requirements and develop data models accordingly
- Able to integrate Power BI reports into other applications using embedded analytics like PowerApps, or by API automation. Also, one must be experienced in developing custom visuals in Power BI
- Bachelor's Degree in a computational field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or other related fields is required.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in data preparation, data gateway and data warehousing projects
- Experience of 3+ years and familiarity with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with a self-service visualization tool, preferably Power BI Strong written and oral communication is a necessity
- MBA or Graduate Degree in a related field is desirable
- Experience with Alteryx is highly desired
- Previous knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis is beneficial
- Knowledge and skills for secondary tools such as SQL data warehouse, Visual Studio, is also a ‘plus’
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.