Shell in Krakow
Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell.
We believe that diverse teams led by inclusive leaders deliver better safety and business performance.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
The Group Screening Service (GSS) team provides a third party screening service to the Shell Group to assess counterparty risks related to money laundering, bribery corruption, tax evasion, trade controls including terrorist financing or other related financial crimes.
The team leader will lead by example and be accountable for building and maintaining team performance, engagement and drive for continuous improvement. The team leader will be a natural hands-on leader that drives performance, planning, processes and develops people along the way.
This position will allow you to gain expertise in in third party screening services and implementing new tools and systems in the team. You will be able to further develop your leaderships skills while being exposed to a broad range of stakeholders across different functions at Shell.
- Planning and organization of team's work, providing first-line supervision and leadership for a team size of 10 staff.
- Delivering screening assessments and ensure screening reports are recorded accurately and communicated appropriately.
- Acting as the Subject Matter Expert for screening searches and undertake non-standard searches that are either; complex, commercially sensitive, strictly confidential or involve a new set of circumstances not previously encountered,
- Communicating team’s performance status and needs to the GSS Service Lead and provide monthly service level metrics details.
- Managing team’s involvement in programmes of internal and external audit, information management and other Compliance reviews.
- In conjunction with the Operations Excellence team dedicating resources to continuous improvement activities.
- Identifying process improvements and participating in major change programs if required.
- Team Lead will support the Service Lead to develop & enhance these services to build stakeholder value by centralising & standardising group-wide ethics & compliance support services.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in sanctions screening in a risk, fraud, compliance or analytical role,
- Prior experience in leading, motivating, coaching and developing teams,
- Legal, Finance or Business related university degree,
- Good level of English,
- Ability to liaise with senior stakeholders, both within legal & compliance and the business,
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell