BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Team Description: (Overview of the team)
The AML/KYC Center of Excellence (CoE) ensures that BNY Mellon complies with “Know Your Customer" (KYC) Legislation for all applicable local jurisdictions and the Bank’s own Internal KYC Policies. The AML/KYC CoE Team forms part of Enterprise Client Onboarding and Global Tax Operations. One of the most important aspects of KYC is the understanding of the client, their business and the services we are offering to them to ensure they are consistent. The AML/ KYC Team perform due diligence on New Clients (New Business) and existing Clients (Periodic Reviews), in line with applicable regulation and Bank policy.
The Manager AML/Prevention/KYC will be responsible for managing the team of 7-9 KYC professionals. Will act as end to end process owner for Account Activity Review team which will be a specialized for ongoing review and analytics of the transaction activity (peaks, spikes, countries), escalations, etc related to the client’s account activity.
- Will act as a front line Manager for 7-9 professionals
- Will be responsible for day to day monitoring of other team members
- Responsible for end to end transaction monitoring review process of assigned line of business
- Keeping all SLA’s green
- Maintain client s know your customer (KYC) files as assigned.
- Ensure all information on profile is complete and accurate;
- Perform due diligence on the client, its owners/managers with Relationship Managers when necessary to resolve results.
- Updating the KYC database as necessary throughout the due diligence process to ensure records are up to date.
- Advise RMs on the KYC policy.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Responsible for all HR matters of his directs including performance review
Skills and Qualifications:
- Deep understanding of AML KYC principals are required.
- Total work experience + 7 years
- KYC/AML experience min. 5 years
- People management experience required min 2 years
- Able to communicate with senior stake holders, able to speak up when this is required.
- Have extensive research skills to aid in establishing and/or validating required information and documentation
- Be highly motivated, organized, detail oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good PC skills are required with proficiency in MS Office applications and Outlook
- Able to partner with people of various levels and across all divisions
- Motivated team members with the ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Professional approach to work and personal appearance
- Have attention to detail
- Able to interact in a Team
- Able to understand and be part of a Global Model
- English fluency required
- Additional foreign language is an asset
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.