Java Software Engineer (IB Technology)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you a master of Java interested in the coming frameworks, tools and techniques? Do you know how to solve challenging problems in elegant ways? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– lead a development team and deliver on the next generation implementation of digital solutions for our business
– drive technical specification and the component design
– develop the service-layer of a large-scale rich internet platform in collaboration with business analysts, client-side developers, database developers and quality assurance (QA) professionals
– master state-of-the-art technologies within a complex business domain
– share knowledge across the whole development community
– take pride in the quality of delivered software products and services (this is what drives you)
You’ll be working in a new Corporate Lending IT team based out of Wroclaw. The immediate role will be to get involved with the loan simplification project, which will consolidate and remediate the major loans platforms and architecture. This is a multiyear program of work which will involve working with cutting edge technology and engaging F2B across multiple teams and groups.
– strong experience with Java Enterprise and the Spring Framework (Container, MVC, JDBC)
– expertise in generic computing science including OOP modelling (UML, SOLID etc.), algorithms, data structures and design patterns
– clean coding and refactoring skills
– good knowledge of unit testing approach & frameworks (e.g. JUnit)
– experience with build tools like Maven, and development tools such as Eclipse, Git, JIRA, TeamCity, Nexus
– proficiency with relational database concepts and interaction (JDBC, SQL, RDBMS)
– experience with web servers running Tomcat & Apache
– know-how of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.)
– experience in managing globally spread resources and knowing about possibly related cultural aspects
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."