For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management.
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology.
Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done.
Operations bring together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. Operations help clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 36 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - Operations are working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Operations manage investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
The Alternative Investment Services (AIS) Fund Accounting Department is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of daily net asset value (NAV) for a number of complex Hedge Funds, Credit Funds, Private Market Funds, Real Estate Funds and Hybrid Funds investing in a wide variety of financial instrument types.
- Prepare and review reconciliations between different fund accounting systems
- Account for hedge fund/alternative investment partnerships and share based entitie
- Allocate partnership income/expenses (including new issues, side pockets, side letters etc.)
- Read fund and legal documents in order to accurately and appropriately process transactions and/or calculate various fees/allocations.
- Compute and account for management and incentive fees (including tiers and hurdles)
- Compute various rates of return, NAV and investor level NAV estimates
- Prepare or review withholding statements, capital roll forwards and investor statements as needed
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Fluency in English
- An interest in a career in financial services
- Finance university background or similar field will be an advantage, however we equally welcome graduates of all degrees
- Proactive, focused attitude towards work and an ability to consistently meet deadlines
- PC literacy, including proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
What we offer apart from BNYM packages:
- Work & Life Balance
- Extensive training package on financial markets, systems, tax reporting requirements in all involved countries.
- Working in an international environment, both within the Poland team, as well as in other teams.
- Familiarize with corporate culture
- Working and learning from professionals
- Our offer for you:
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Mentoring and job shadowing programs
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects and engagement groups (mountain trips, football team etc.)
- Language training course
- Onsite kindergarten
- Employee Referral Program
- Health Promotion: Wellbeing and Innovation Centre, Wellbeing programs
- What is more:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Private medical care
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.