Better Care for a Better World.
Huggies®. Kleenex®. Cottonelle®. Scott®. Kotex®. Poise®. Depend®. 25% of people in the world use Kimberly-Clark products every day. And it takes the right people, in the right jobs and the right places, to make that happen.
At Kimberly-Clark, you’ll be part of the best teams committed to driving innovation and growth. We’re founded on 150 years of market leadership, and we’re always looking for new and better ways to perform—so what can you do with that? There’s no time like the present to make an impact at Kimberly-Clark. It’s all here for you at Kimberly-Clark.
North America S2P Knowledge Centre Team Leader (procurement/afternoon shift)
In this role, you will lead our S2P Knowledge Center team within the Global Business Services (GBS) procurement division. This team will serve as a centralized resource for all Source to Pay (S2P) questions, issues, and general inquiries.
As the Team Leader, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Knowledge Centre, including tracking and reporting on issues and inquiries, developing self-service tools to support stakeholders, and escalating issues to the appropriate Source to Pay and IT teams for resolution. You will also provide support to your team members, as well as manage relationships and influence stakeholders.
Interested? Check out the other responsibilities of the role:
- You will be responsible for setting performance goals and objectives for your team members, tracking their progress, and providing regular feedback on their performance
- You will provide coaching and guidance to help your team members improve their skills and knowledge, and support them in their career development.
- You will act as the main point of contact for your team, keeping them informed about any changes or updates related to their work.
- As a team leader, you will be responsible for addressing any issues or problems that arise within your team.
- Overall, as a Team Leader, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the success of your team and the overall success of the organization. Your leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills will be essential in achieving these goals.
What makes you stand out?
- Experienced team leader 2-5 years of experience; 8-10 team members
- Experience in procurement processes (indirect categories procurement experience is a must) in FMCG companies
- Previous experience in a BPO/Shared Services environment preferred
- Fluent level of English (C1)
- SAP/ Coupa/ Service Now working knowledge would be an asset
- University degree
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and be open to new ideas and approaches.
- Good Analytical skills to determine the logical flow of activities
- Working North American hours – late shift
This role is offered as a hybrid position, from the Krakow Office.
Our belief in promoting a healthy work-life balance drives us to support our employees’ total well-being, offering comprehensive benefits not limited to Private Medical, Dental and Vision Plan; Life Insurance, Social Fund and Cafeteria Platform with an individual budget available to spend on many offers, including MultiSport, and more... We offer a wide range of soft skills training available for every employee.
Certain benefits, such as flexible work schedules can be tailored to meet specific individual needs, giving our employees the flexibility to manage their commitments inside and outside of work. Forbes named Kimberly-Clark one of the World's Best Employers of 2022. For 150 years, we've been cultivating a workplace that brings out the best in everyone, and we look forward for the years to come.
To Be Considered
Click the Apply button and complete the online application process. A member of our recruiting team will review your application and follow up if you seem like a great fit for this role.
In the meantime, check out the careers website. You’ll want to review this and come prepared with relevant questions if and when you pass GO and begin interviews.
And finally, the fine print…
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role’s country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role.