Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
The Junior AML Compliance Analyst will be part of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Team and perform functions related to all BBH Lines of Business: Investor Services, Private Banking and Investment Management. The primary responsibility of the junior analyst will be to review actual client activity versus expected client activity, for select high-risk client relationships.
The junior analyst will display a high degree of professionalism, integrity, and attention to detail through their work, and will possess an understanding of applicable U.S. laws, such as the Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
- Review and validate that select clients’ actual account activity and use of BBH’s products and services are consistent with the clients’ stated expected account activity and use of BBH’s products and services
- Determine whether additional review by a Senior Analyst is warranted
- Document the results of the initial review, and ensure that escalation is properly handled and documented
- Ensure that daily work is completed in accordance with defined procedures, while using judgment to ask questions on areas the procedures do not cover
Problem / Conflict Resolution:
- Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Sound judgment that is based on all relevant and documented facts and considerations
- Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to on a daily basis and have this evidenced
- Develop an understanding of AML/KYC requirements and implications
- Identify problem items and escalate to the Senior Analyst or Supervisor
- Ability to see through gray areas and assess AML-related risks
- Progressive attitude to work, with a view to continuous improvement
- Assist in drafting and documenting procedures, policies and processes as necessary
- Ensure timely completion of all mandatory training requirements
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes and AML-related news
- University Degree
- Minimum one year Financial Services or Banking industry experience, with experience in an AML / KYC function preferred
- Ability to liaise across departments/functions as needed for research and analysis
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement improvements to existing processes
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- Strong analytical and research/investigative skills
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills
- Good organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Good knowledge of standard MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)