Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Senior Accounting and Reporting Specialist
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Senior Accounting and Reporting Specialist to join our Alternatives Investment Funds Team. In this role you will be responsible for the day to day full accounting of companies. This includes booking of daily cash movements, invoices, intercompany transactions, calculating and booking accruals for interest, fees, taxes and respective reconciliation of the data. Additionally you will need to adhere to monthly, quarterly, annual reporting requirements to either internal parties (BBH) or external Clients.
As part of your responsibilities you will maintain a good contact with clients, acting as main client contact for day-to-day accounting tasks and ad-hoc requests. In the future you will be also responsible for a review of accounting performed by junior accountants, together with providing them with appropriate coaching.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Full general ledger accounting of companies.
- Preparing monthly/quarterly/annual financial reporting to internal parties (BBH) and external clients.
- Preparing annual statutory financial statements.
- Developing and maintaining working familiarity with applicable laws, regulations and interpretations governing financial statements and disclosures, including IFRS and Lux GAAP (training for new joiners will be provided).
- Communicating with clients on a regular basis, ensuring timely and accurate responses to any client queries.
- Liaising with auditors and tax advisors and coordinating the supply of information and responses to queries.
- Review of accounting performed by junior accountants and providing them with appropriate feedback.
- University degree in Accounting / Finance or gained through experience.
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience (this position is particularly appropriate for a qualified accountant with experience outside the investment funds industry or for someone with audit experience).
- Strong aptitude for numbers and figures.
- Ability to work accurately while meeting strict deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Willing to coach and develop junior team members.
- Knowledge of and practical experience with general ledger (GL) and GL systems or audit background.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.