Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Supervisor in Accounting, Financial Reporting and Consolidation
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Supervisor in Accounting, Financial Reporting and Consolidation to join our Alternatives Investment Funds Team. In this role you will be responsible for the supervision and review of work of a team of 3 to 4 accountants in charge of their day to day responsibilities: stand-alone accounting and financial reporting of entities within the Alternative Investments Funds structures (“AIF”), mostly Real Estate Funds. Additionally, you will perform consolidations of Alternative Investment Funds with the assistance of the Team Leader and assist in the consolidated Financial Reporting of the AIF structures. As part of the supervisory responsibilities you will be responsible of all aspects relating to staff management like people coaching, development and retention.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Supervision and review of full general ledger accounting of companies under group/fund GAAP (IFRS) and Lux GAAP.
- Reviewing financial reporting to internal parties (BBH) and external clients. Reviewing annual statutory financial statements according to IFRS or Lux GAAP.
- Preparing annual consolidated financial statements of funds under IFRS or Lux GAAP.
- Communicating with clients on a regular basis, acting as a key contact, ensuring timely and accurate responses to any queries.
- Liaising with auditors and tax advisors and coordinating the supply of information and responses to queries.
- Ensuring efficient operation of daily processing and functions, advise on workflow improvements.
- Manage and supervise a team of senior and junior accountants.
- Keeping team-members informed of new industry developments relating to accounting and financial reporting requirements.
- Establishing efficient workflow standards, providing ongoing feedback and conducting (semi) annual performance reviews.
- Primary university degree in Accounting / Finance related discipline. Professional accountancy qualification desirable (qualified or part qualified).
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in general ledger accounting or group accounting, or audit background (this position is particularly appropriate for a qualified accountant with experience outside the investment funds industry or for someone with audit experience).
- Very good understanding of financial/accounting principles, including IFRS knowledge
- Supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong reviewing skills.
- Ability to work with a limited direct supervision, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.