State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Fund Accounting Team Supervisor with German, Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-568665
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role:
- To supervise teams to ensure that all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
- To supervise the team ensuring all staffing functions are completed as appropriate.
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports.
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for individuals and the team, taking specific responsibility for the development of Senior Fund Accountants
- Develop and communicate a clear picture of team goals and approaches to business, based on a clear understanding of client requirements.
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients.
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables.
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilization of resources.
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping team and Officer informed of issue. Record the issue in the issues log and track progress.
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators are produced and dispatched to Donor Sites as required.
- Review corporate documentation on processes, procedures and controls and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of these and related systems, initiating remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Monitor errors and potential breaches; complete relevant documentation and ensure training needs are identified and relevant training is carried out. Record the error in the errors log and track progress.
- Fund review and other duties as assigned
- Very good German and English
- Experience in a Fund Accounting environment is a plus
- Very good working knowledge of Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines.
- Master Degree in Finance, Accountancy or Business related degree
- Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be advantageous
- Competitive benefits and salary package (employee savings plan, Life insurance premium package, VIP medical package and many others)
- An International operating environment
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.
Job ID: R-568665 / Location: Kraków, małopolskie