State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
HR Operations Specialist, A2
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-570908
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose of Role:
Whilst reporting to the Payroll Operations Manager this role within GHR Shared Services is required to provide a hands on focus primarily responsible for the Payroll & HR Operations team including accountability of all associated compliance and statutory reporting activities.
This role has a high level of focus on Payroll and HR Administration Governance Compliance Data Protection Employment Tax and HR Administration in a complex operating model and compensation structure.
This position requires an experienced HR Operations professional with strong technical and business process skills and the ability to interact at all levels of the organization. A requirement to demonstrate a flexible approach and ability to work under strict deadlines is essential.
Continually execute the GHR Shared Services Strategy to ensure alignment to corporate and GHR goals
- Ensure maintenance of technical knowledge and active role when looking at legislative changes and trends to assess and impact future strategy
- Operationalise end-to-end local regulatory requirements and GHR policies and programs as well as those of other corporate groups into the daily operations of GHRSS; global regional and local outsourced administrative vendors.Responsible for assigned payroll activities in a timely accurate and efficient manner in line with local legislative requirements including relevant paper work preparation & sign off;
- Creates reviews and updates policies and procedures within HR Shared Services as needed that includes design preparation and implementation of new GHR SS processes
- Responsibility for continuous improvement of processes. Independent in creation modification and implementation of new processes/policies.
- Coordination of work of modification creation and implementation of ne processes/policies.
- Participation/coordination of local and global projects.
- Coordinates and ensures effective and timely flow of critical information to all relevant parties/vendors/third parties and follows up on administrative details within or across divisions that includes handling confidential and sensitive information that pertains to employee personal sensitive data.
- Prepares and distributes standard and ad hoc HR reports within specified guidelines.
- Manages employee queries related to a wide range of HR administration processes benefits management and other;
- Responsible for building and maintaining close relationship with GHR Shared Services global regional and local vendors as required to deliver high standard service to internal clients
- Promote full usage of the contact center as the single point of contact for HR for employees;
- Supports junior colleagues – providing guidance especially in the area of HR administration/benefits/payroll; coaching and work coordination.
- Tracking changes in labor law share knowledge with team members
- Provide effective Governanceand Management of processes to identify and manage risk under a focus of risk excellence
- Deliver payroll and HR administration include coordinating related activities with Finance Legal etc. as needed and providing Tier 3 customer support for such HR services.
- Execute related HR administration activity to support other CoE’s whilst maintaining strong working relationships
- Ensure a focus on maintaining data privacy in line with global and local requirements across GHR Shared Services
- EMEA Payroll Operational task execution and review providing approval where required including payroll output review and approval and authorisation of payments when required
- Ensure a dual check of all payroll output prior to submission for approval and sign off
- Achieve an improved understanding of client requirements and opinions locally to enable informed suggestions and decisions
- Act as a local escalation first point of contact for all payroll issues
- Ensure adoption of compliance initiatives locally
- Ensure the vendor management framework is followed whilst supporting all due diligence and relationship management
- Mitigate risk by ensuring production of well documented end to end operating processes inclusive of vendor touch points
- Ensure pro-active participation in BCP plans
- Demonstrate the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture in your behaviour
- Ensure effective participation in all global/regional calls and one2ones
- Ensure that you make reasonable decisions by exercising reasonable care when considering information available to you. This includes taking proactive action to ensure that the information you have is suitable and adequate.
- Working on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Engage with key stakeholders subject matter experts and operational areas to quantify track and measure potential business benefits for any defined HR processes
- Ensure effective stakeholder and project management programmes are supported around all GHR Shared Service activity
- Effectively communicate and collaboration with all leadership levels as a key partner and local lead
- Develop and build strong partnerships across key areas such as GHR Finance Corporate Tax Audit and Compliance
Level of Education/ Specific Qualifications:
- HR/finance/accounting preferred
Skills and Experience -
- 1 or more years’ experience in Polish HR Operations position with a strong understanding of best practice around controls regulations tax compliance and working with outsourced providers
- Fluency in written and oral English. (very good level)
- Additional language(s) (German/Italian/Dutch/French) will be an asset
- Very good Excel skills (practical usage of various functions i.e. pivot tables v-look up others)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Polish labour code
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to deliver high quality work and to work under pressure with attention to detail
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and management and handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Flexible “can do” attitude
- Team player with a strong customer focus
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work in a dynamic business environment
- High attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team player with a strong customer focus
- Working knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems required with PeopleSoft experience a plus
- Ability to focus on the customer
- Embraces culture of risk excellence
- Strong interpersonal influencing and customer service skills
- Uses independent action judgment and decision-making
- Demonstrates flexibility to meet changing business needs and priorities
- Displays a positive attitude toward work and the work environment
- Cooperates and works well with others
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.