Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
With the dynamic growth of our Krakow office we are looking for experienced
in the following areas:
As a Manager you will be responsible for managing all issues associated with staff, workflow and client relationship management. You will be the principal point of contact for your Team; will participate in conference calls, client meetings and presentations as required by the business. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with existing group and departmental policies, which will be measured through audits and reviews, and create standards within the respective teams to enhance workflows. It is expected that the manager will be the subject matter expert for the escalation of any issues that arise from operational processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establish service standards for team clients within their product area
- Be responsible for instituting and reporting on measures to determine the team's performance in meeting these standards
- Responsible for ensuring all legal, tax and documentation related issues are appropriately addressed
- Establish and maintain relationship objectives including a proactive service plan to ensure an exceptional value added service to clients
- Remain knowledgeable of changing industry initiatives and educate clients continually through presentations
- Ensure regular contact is made with clients, ensure any service issues are addressed immediately and efficiency improvements and automation are identified and implemented
- Provide second level of escalation for clients; Ensure any issues, errors or complaints as escalated accordingly, and that adequate steps are taken to resolve issues and prevent future occurrences.
- Ensure all work is processed in accordance with the agreed operating procedures. Regular reviews and updates to procedures should be carried out
- Minimize overtime and to implement additional efficiencies as automation projects are completed; Review and reorganize functional tasks for maximum efficiency.
- Team Management (conduct annual performance appraisals and provide regular feedback based on goals for direct reports, recruitment, talent development, coaching and mentoring)
- Ensure adequate staffing levels are in place, to meet both daily and future business requirements
- BA/MS degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 8 years of finance experience with 4 years of which must be in a people management function
- Prior experience working in a client servicing focused work environment
- Proven ability in people management, and ability to delegate and to gain the commitment among team members
- Experience in planning, initiating and following through to meet objectives
- Ability to coordinate across departments/functions when needed to meet client needs
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement solutions
- Excellent communication and client-facing skills
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others