State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
OTC Derivatives Team Leader, Senior Associate
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-579640
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose of Role:
The team in Poland deals with the complex derivatives processing for the entire European Derivatives Centre of Excellence. The Derivatives Group is the central point of contact for the clearing brokers and client service teams on all sites. Its responsibility is to capture and book all business and supplementary business offshored from other State Street sites.
Other services provided include some cash instructions and the improvement of processes for recording derivative instruments accurately and efficiently. The Team supervisor is responsible for leading a derivatives group and will be responsible for identifying potential risk or problem situations conducting impact analysis and resolving the situation. This particular role is related to OTC Reconciliation process.
- Prepare and plan workloads to ensure client and internal deadlines are meet
- Identifies and takes action to correct procedural weaknesses
- Act as the first point of contact for general queries
- Facilitate resolution of outstanding issues and/or exceptions with other departments in respect of the unit’s work (e.g. ensure any aged/material items are resolved in a timely fashion as per corporate standards)
- Introduce and contribute new ideas/procedures to further streamline the operational process
- Monitor document process flows and procedures
- Management of internal/external audit requests through to audit sign off.
- Determine training requirements and development activities of the team along with team members.
- Oversee the mentoring and development of the team through goal and objective setting.
- Maintaining and fostering a team environment
- Point of expertise for complex process issues
- Ensuring communication with appropriate contacts on outstanding items is effective whilst maintaining client relationships.
- Be involved in the take on of new business and modelling for new fund structures where appropriate including requirement to actively participate in client meetings
- Project management and execution of transition activity
Work Parameters or Boundaries:
- Internal procedures and regulations
- FSA Regulations
- Accounting Standards
- Performance Planning and Review System (PPR)
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Communicate effectively and accurately in the English language. Strong leadership management and organizational skills along with a high degree of numeracy. Good working knowledge of software packages particularly Microsoft Excel good interpersonal skills and an understanding of the rudimentary aspects of the global financial industry would be advantageous.
Level of Education:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area preferred
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or part qualified an advantage.
Previous Level of Experience:
- Minimum 2 years in Business related area.
- People management experience would be a strong advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail crucial
- Skilled communicator both verbal and written
- Methodical and organized
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good management skills
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.