State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Business Control Analyst, Senior Associate
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-589969
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Function which is focused on mitigating risk from within the first line of defense (FLOD) through more defined control monitoring
- Take responsibilities and be accountable to management, for appropriately assessing and effectively managing risks associated with the first line of defense’s activities
- Maintain effective risk and control management programs
- Better self-identify risk and issues, analyse their root causes, implement timely corrective actions and continuously monitor risk
- provide direction to the business units on elements of policies impacting the FLOD.
- Conduct assigned responsibilities related to policies implementation and execute a range of complex tasks and analyses to support the business units
- Orchestrate and drive the successful and timely completion of Assurance Events, including identification and resolution of risks and issues.
- Participate in risk management projects as needed.
- Ensure self and team anticipates, monitors, manages and reports all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities.
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence and role model Ethical behaviour and decision making as part of our Way Ahead foundation
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4 years of related experience with a focus in risk and/or compliance
- Internal “Client” focus and Consultation – provide excellent service and build strategic internal partnerships based on knowledge of their needs and by exceeding mutual expectations
- Effective communication –convey and receive messages clearly, with impact and empathy – Translate and adapt the pitch for each audience
- Problem solving and Decision making – develop solutions and provide counsel to ensure effective decisions are reached by employing timely, rigorous and logical analysis.
- Manage Execution – Deliver flawless execution of work through effective plans, clear priorities and developed process management methods to ensure all resources function at optimal levels
- Quality and risk Management – Develop and maintain scorecards and metrics. Collect, analyze and communicate data at various levels for use by stakeholders.
- Very good English
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.