State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Fund Accountant with German language ,Associate 1
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-592036
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
The Fund Accountant is responsible for calculating the net asset values of funds by processing daily accounting related functions to ensure funds prices are accurate and delivered to the client in a timely fashion. The Fund Accountant is the central point of contact for all accounting support functions and analyzes the information received; making sure any discrepancy is monitored and resolved professionally.
Calculation of Fund Net Asset Value
- Compares and confirms account balances per trial balance to account balances per subsidiary ledgers, Research any discrepancies.
- Complete fund accountant checklist when required in accordance with procedures.
- Ensure agreed timelines are adhered to.
- Maybe required to undertake to review fund evaluation components.
- Involvement in departmental ad-hoc projects.
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary.
- Make recommendations for changes to processes and procedures and prepare documentation for review as required.
Non - Technical Competencies
- Resolve review points highlighted by senior fund accountants and team supervisor and ensure they are kept informed of progress.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
- Undertake appropriate housekeeping duties e.g. filing, archiving, operation of clean desk policy.
Training and Personal Development
- Work with Senior Fund Accountant / Team supervisor to identify objectives at the start of each year and keep them up to date.
- Actively participate in the appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development.
- Take responsibility for personal development and training.
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- Basic understanding of fund administration would be useful but not essential.
- Excellent English.
- Excellent written and spoken English and German is a must
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the PPR system at core level :
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.