State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Securities Lending Support Administrator, Associate 1
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-591476
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Securities Lending Support Administrator
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street
Purpose Of Role:
This role has been created to provide operational support to the SSB Depotbank Control (Securities Lending / OTC Collateral control) team. The Support Administrators(s) will be responsible for working in close cooperation with the Depotbank Control team to ensure daily ex-post compliance and conformity checks are completed within the advised timeframes. The Support Administrators(s) will be responsible for producing comprehensive client reporting and performing daily reconciliation processes to support the Depotbank Control activities of the Securities Lending and OTC derivative business lines. Experience of working with Excel and creating Macros would be a distinct advantage. The majority of the tasks are time sensitive and delivery times to clients are regulated in various SLA’s and Operating procedures. The Support Administrators(s) role requires the candidate to work in a disciplined manner, have the ability to work to tight deadlines and to escalate issues in a timely manner within the team wherever required.
- Reconciliation experience
- Data Uploads and Data Staging
- MS Office experience
- Excel and macro experience
- Data Quality Checks
- Daily and Intra-Day Data Maintenance
- Data Transfers and Monitoring
- Data Processing
- Data Quality Improvements
- IT and BU Coordination to ensure proper data flow, integrity and handling.
- Process and Procedure Optimization within Data Management
REVIEWING WORK AND ASSISTING TEAM SUPERVISOR
- Liaises with internal clients and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery.
- Performs special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Team Supervisor.
- Maintaining and fostering a team environment.
- Involvement in departmental ad-hoc projects.
- Make recommendations for changes to processes and procedures and prepare documentation for review as required.
- Participate in weekly review meetings when required
NON - TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Resolve review points highlighted by their manager and ensure they are kept informed of progress.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
- Ability to work in a disciplined, organized manner to tight SLA agreed deadlines.
- Flexibility and an ability to manage ad-hoc requests.
- Demonstrates good time organizational skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Maintains systematic filing practices.
- Adheres to clean desk policy and record keeping.
TRAINING AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Take responsibility for personal development and training.
- Actively participate in the appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development.
Work Parameters Or Boundaries:
Internal State Street Poland procedures & regulations
Performance Planning and Review System (PPR)
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- Excellent English/German would be an advantage.
- Accounting knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Securities Lending and OTC derivatives business lines would be an advantage
- Team Oriented
- Works independently, efficiently and precisely
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the PPR System at Core level:
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
Level Of Education:
Economics/Accountancy/ Business related degree (preferred)
Previous Level Of Experience:
Previous experience of working in a Banking Operations environment would be an advantage
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.