Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Product Development Analyst
- Analysis, Documentation, and Macro Development:
- Understand business requirements and translate them into Visual Basic code
- Write and review business requirements
- Create or facilitate developer design documents and functional specifications
- Develop off-line solutions to user requirements
- Maintain and enhance existing Macros / spreadsheets
- Document enhancements/maintain versions
- Create and execute User Acceptance Testing plans and scripts
- Advanced Excel macro / VBA skills
- Advanced Access database skills / SQL skills
- C# nice to have
- Able to translate requirements into application code
- B.S. / B.A. degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 2 to 3 years prior business analyst or QA analyst experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years related experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Prior involvement or experience working on financial services systems projects preferred.
- Understanding of custody, fund accounting, and/or fund administration operations
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to complete duties as assigned under minimal supervision
- Ability to problem solve independently
- Ability to work with business users and systems personnel in a team environment
- Take ownership of projects
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.