Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
The Head of Fintech Revenue Pillar participates as part of the senior management team to oversee revenue generation for the Fintech business within Investor Services. Fintech has the potential to be a significant revenue generator for Investor Services. This role will be responsible for the Sales and Relationship Management (Asset Managers), Sales and Relationship Management (Banks) and Client Service for the Pillar.
This position is responsible for setting the revenue growth plans and Pillar revenue targets. This individual will be responsible for leading the sales strategy, forward looking revenue projections and developing the plan to implement the approach. The position will develop clear and measurable targets for the organization and own regular reporting and accountability to the Fintech Steering Committee. This role identifies revenue opportunities for the organization and collaborates significantly with Relationship Excellence, Product, Execution, Marketing and other key partners within Investor Services to inform horizontal market strategies across Fintech, to explore new partnerships, identify the key opportunities in the marketplace, recognize patterns of feedback from prospects and clients, share feedback with product teams and identify solutions.
The individual must understand the current competitive landscape and outline business development positioning and strategy for relevant new products and opportunities enabling differentiation of Fintech products in the marketplace. This position applies extensive use of executive communication, collaborative, negotiation and influencing skills to achieve desired outcomes in accordance with the wider Investor Services strategy. The position is responsible for setting priorities and focus for the organization and ensuring team members have the necessary skills and resources to develop actionable Insights and then execute with excellence while adjusting to changing client and market factors.
- Provide direction with regards to client interactions in the support of the business line as well as maintaining key relationships.
- Establish and maintain a culture of superior service in accordance with BBH's global strategy.
- Build and maintain strong client and internal relationships with a view to ensuring a proactive approach to client satisfaction.
- Form strategic partnerships by providing resources and expertise to maximize business success
Risk and Control
- Draw upon extensive functional expertise of product/service area to balance day to day operations with the strategic direction set for the business unit.
- Oversee and ensure compliance to all procedures whether internal or agreed external policies.
- Monitor operational issues (where appropriate) and follow through on effective problem resolution with management of supporting departments.
- Participate in product development initiatives including research and implementation of varied client solutions.
- Interact across multiple business lines to leverage advantages for the larger BBH group.
- Keep abreast of industry initiatives and adapt products accordingly.
Leadership/ Staff Management
- Actively manage direct reports and other staff by establishing timely and challenging performance standards, providing ongoing feedback and conducting annual performance appraisals.
- Participate in the career development of staff and act as a positive role model and mentor.
- Participate in the interview and selection process, attract highly qualified, high potential candidates for the firm.
- Actively manage staff performance and progressive discipline process for employees failing to meet expectations.
- Delegate and manage performance – delegate effectively by clearly communicating objectives, standards, responsibilities, and milestones while holding individuals and teams accountable for achieving results.
- Implement strategy through communicating a strategic vision that leverages and builds the firm’s strengths to deliver a competitive advantage.
- Set and achieve Revenue targets for Fintech and ensure accountability of those targets are in place.
- Ensure the most effective use of the firm’s resources through careful planning, analysis, and control.
- Facilitate salary and bonus planning for the department.
- Control expenditure and revenues against agreed budgets.
Technology/ Innovation/ Productivity
- Seek to increase efficiency while maintaining a high degree of service and client satisfaction.
- Develop relationships within the Investor Services Complex to ensure the most appropriate use of technology.
- BA/BS degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- 15+ years of financial services industry experience related to functional area of expertise.
- 10 + years of progressive management experience.
- Experience managing multiple internal or external client relationships.
- Experience in managing implementations and other projects.
- Excellent relationship skills at all levels.
- Proven ability to motivate staff to perform and deliver high levels of client service.
- Ability to communicate openly and sincerely.
- Ability to perform with a high level of professionalism exhibiting the highest respect for the client and BBH support areas.
- Proven ability to manage and implement change.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
What We Offer:
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—within the Firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others