State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
SSGA - Fund Expenses Oversight Officer
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-590473
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role:
State Street Global Advisors manages and is a promoter of around 400 funds. The NA Funds Management team provides a centralized oversight program for various SSGA products and services by implementing, managing and/or overseeing the administration, tax, treasury, fund governance and regulatory reporting requirements for SSGA funds; including monitoring of fund costs and prompt payment of authorized expenses.
For efficient processing, a single point of control for oversight and instructing of payment of invoices is required.
A key focus is on the expenses charged to the funds and the accurate accruing and accounting for these expenses.
The strategic objective of the role is that the firm ensures its suppliers are paid on a timely basis, effectively controls fund expenses and performs the oversight of its fund accountants in the most efficient manner.
The individual will also be responsible for the tasks detailed below. She/he will also assist with ad hoc initiatives.
- Oversee and maintain updated procedures detailing the authorization and payment of all fund and management company invoices
- Instruct and monitor payment of all fund invoices
- Ensure appropriate allocation of expenses and invoices
- Maintain financial historical records
- Follow up on non-payment issues and remittance inquiries both via email and telephone
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments
- Oversee and submit invoices for foreign registration reporting/filings
- Ensure timely execution of all business as usual (BAU) processes with a focus on minimizing enterprise risk
- Create a tracking matrix as well as develop reporting metrics around invoices processed
- Assist with ad hoc initiatives pertaining to invoice processing
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Must be proficient in Excel and MS office products
- Strong understanding of registered investment companies (mutual funds and exchange traded funds)
- Detail oriented, organized
- High level of initiative and ownership
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Quality focus
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the PPR System at Core level
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written
- Team player
- Very good English
Level Of Education:
Previous Level Of Experience:
Five years relevant experience in fund accounting or fund accounting oversight, or related finance function
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.