Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Invoice Data & Distribution Supervisor
The Invoice Data & Distribution Supervisor is responsible for the daily oversight and management of the collection of data needed to invoice clients as well as distribution of final invoices to clients. The role will work closely with the set up and invoice creation teams to ensure that new data sources are developed with processing teams as needed and the status of data needed to generate invoices is communicated properly. They will also ensure that invoices are received from the Invoice Creation team, reviewed for data privacy and then sent timely to clients. The Supervisor will work with the Team Leader to support strategic initiatives as necessary, provide feedback on process improvements and the strategic direction of the team
- Analyze all data inflows to determine appropriate loading application for accurate processing in the billing systems .
- Ensure new data sources are properly set up within the invoicing systems.
- Partner and communicate with constituents to resolve data queries.
- Actively manage the teams’ workload according to client and department deadlines.
- Provide daily oversight of BBH’s outsourced data management provider.
- Ensure the team performs a proper review of invoice packages (invoices, and supplemental reporting, if applicable) to verify that the information in the invoice and accompanying reports contains only information for that client and applicable passwords or other protections are applied.
- Ensure the matrix of invoice package materials, passwords and delivery dates to clients is up to date.
- Work closely with the Invoice Creation team to ensure invoices are distributed timely.
- Communicate when invoices are distributed to the Client Receivables team for processing of payments.
- Ensure procedures for loading and obtaining required data for invoicing are followed by both the onshore and offshore teams.
- Ensure error and suspense logs are being cleared timely and accurately .
- Ensure all distribution procedures are followed and no data privacy breaches occur.
- Document issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions to management for process improvements.
- Work across the organization on solutions and recommendations to improve the timeliness and accuracy of receivables processing and payment of subcustodian invoices.
- Lead by example in establishing a culture of superior client service and results.
- Establish a high performing team by developing staff members through purposeful recruiting, training, performance management and succession planning.
- Develop and maintain a culture of results oriented, continuous, process improvement.
- Primary degree in accounting/finance related discipline.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in a financial services, operational setting
- A minimum of 2 years managing a process and leading a team of direct reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel, and Access, Advanced Access skills a plus.
- Proficient in project management.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Strong client service skills.
- Strong drive for results and process improvement.
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking abilities.
- Proactive approach to achieving individual and team goals.
- High attention to detail and conscientious approach to delivering high quality results.
- Strong financial control focus.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.