Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of Business Service Operations Centres located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Hydrocarbon process extends across many steps in the lifecycle of hydrocarbon stock within the Shell Group – including contract set-up and maintenance, booking of movements, stock reconciliation and valuation, invoicing for stock sales and payments for stock purchases in accordance with contract terms.
Hydrocarbon processes undertaken in Krakow support a number of Downstream businesses, principally Trading & Supply, but also Aviation, Bitumen, Lubes and Chemicals and Gas & Power business.
This particular Associate position refers to working in one of Hydrocarbon teams.
- Operate assigned accounting activities in Hydrocarbon process
- Accurately and on time identify, monitor and resolve open items
- Execute process activities timely and first time right
- Contribute to continuous process improvements and simplification
- Ensure business partnering trough active participation in operational calls and other forums to raise and escalate issues
- Operate co-operatively with other teams and stakeholders providing mutual assistance to deliver overall success
- Provide timely and accurate data processing and performance reporting – take ownership and initiative until is successfully and accurately processed
- Handle control framework in accordance to procedures
- Manage and answer stakeholder queries in prompt manner
- Resolve process issues with help of other teams, both within and outside Finance department
- Communicate effectively with relevant departments
- Carry out other tasks assigned by the supervisors
- Act as a cooperative team player
- Master degree, preferably on economic, accounting or finance area or equivalent accounting courses
- 1-2 years of experience in relevant accounting environment
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel; VBA knowledge will be an asset
- Good knowledge of SAP accounting system
- Very good English is a must
- Fast and accurate data input skills, analytical skills & attention to details
- Ability to communicate effectively within a team and with business partners
- Ability to build and manage relationships with various stakeholders within global environment
- Organizational skills, ability to deal with competing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Independency in finding solutions, taking pro-active approach towards problems and accountability for delivering assigned activities
Number of Vacancies: 1
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects