State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Corporate Actions AVP
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-604999
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
State Street Corporate Actions consists of approximately 300 individuals Globally with presence in Boston, Toronto, Frankfurt, Edinburgh and Mumbai carrying out an end to end Corporate Action process within both a custody and middle office environment.
Due to a strong growth, an excellent opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Vice President to manage a team carrying out a high risk function within the operation. The successful candidate will be directly responsible for the management of between 6 to 8 direct reports .
Management and Team working Responsibilities
- Ensure all staff have clear lines of reporting, authority levels, objectives and progress is reviewed regularly in line with Company policy.
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with staff and ensure that staff are motivated, continuously developed and supported.
- Ensure regular meetings are held with team members on a one to one and group level
- Provide management direction to team to effectively deliver corporate action
- Monitor daily workloads and provide support to allow the team to complete their workload in a timely and accurate manner.
- Determine resource allocation requirements to ensure even distribution of workload.
- Ensure that all staff have SMART objectives with mid year and end of year reviews being carried out in order to drive high performance within the team
- Assist team in audit specialist verification checks where required.
Operational Risk and Control Responsibilities
- Establish and monitor systems of control, limits of delegation and escalation procedures so that the business complies with internal policies and external regulations and can be managed effectively
- Ensure that all procedures are regularly reviewed and kept up to date. Evidence all staff fully understand and comply with these
- Ensure any procedure gaps are addressed through the implementation of appropriate procedures and controls. Communicate any new or updated procedures to all team members in a timely manner
- Identify and recommend process improvements in order to improve efficiency through the removal of redundant or non-value added tasks.
- Establish and oversee the development of a risk culture within the business and ensure business line accountability for risk management and measurement.
- Support a culture of effective challenge to ensure appropriate governance
Client Service Responsibilities
- Ensure that appropriate management information is produced and reviewed at appropriate intervals
- Ensure the team delivers excellent client service
- An understanding of the financial services industry
- 5 years plus of Corporate Actions in a custody and/or middle office environment
- Educated to a degree level preferred
- IOC qualified or willing to work towards this
- Strong business sense and awareness of the key issues/risks within a Corporate Action environment
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills essential
- Supervisory experience required within a team environment
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.