Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
The AML Compliance Team Supervisor will be part of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Team and oversee AML Compliance functions related to all BBH Lines of Business: Investor Services, Private Banking and Investment Management. The supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the AML Compliance functions performed in the Krakow office, including: 1) the review of actual client activity versus expected client activity, for select high-risk client accounts; 2) the review of quarterly check activity; and 3) additional AML Compliance functions that may be added to the team over time. The supervisor will display a high degree of professionalism, integrity, and attention to detail through their work, and will possess an understanding of applicable U.S. laws, such as the Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
- Supervise a team of analysts who perform the AML Compliance increased risk review functions in Krakow
- Review the daily work for completeness, timeliness, and accuracy
- Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to on a daily basis and have this evidenced; ensure that the results of the daily tasks are properly documented
- Promote a cohesive team atmosphere through exhibiting strong leadership, effective communication, professionalism and development of individual career paths
- Participate in the interview and selection process for job applicants; actively manage direct reports by providing ongoing feedback and conducting semi-annual performance reviews
- Develop an understanding of AML/KYC requirements and implications; stay abreast of regulatory changes and AML-related news, and keep team members informed of new industry and regulatory developments in AML Compliance
- Use sound judgment that is based on all relevant and documented facts and considerations
- Monitor and assist in the resolution of complex issues
- Manage controls effectively to mitigate any areas of potential risk; identify problem items and escalate to the Manager; ensure efficient operation of daily processes and functions, and implement workflow and process improvements
- Update procedures, policies and processes as necessary; perform special projects, as requested
- Oversee and ensure training breadth and depth of knowledge; ensure timely completion of all mandatory training requirements
- University Degree (bachelor) 3-5 years Financial Services or Banking industry experience, with experience in an AML / KYC function preferred
- Previous supervisory experience
- Ability to liaise across departments/functions as needed for research and analysis; ability to identify, recommend and implement improvements to existing processes
- Good knowledge of standard MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with strong skills and experience using Excel; fluency in English is mandatory
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated