This role is structured in the Canada Tax Compliance & Reporting Team
The Canada Income Tax group of the Shell Finance Organization is responsible for the filing of Canada income tax returns for Shell entities doing business in Canada, and for Canada companies operating overseas or foreign affiliates with Canada reporting requirements. Position is responsible for advising on and reviewing returns, complex issues and handling other associated duties. These duties include monthly review of tax provision, tax basis balance sheet preparation and analysis, research of law changes, participating in team projects within the team as well as cross-functions, tax accounting matters, and responding to inquiries by the businesses.
- Coordinate, review, and sign off of separate legal entity and consolidated Canada income tax returns, tax provisions (including return-to-provision adjustments, deferred tax true-ups, and effective direct tax rates), and tax basis balance sheets and associated deferred tax assets/liabilities by LE-AOO-sector.
-Perform all Canada Income Tax Compliance controls (including SOX and GALP) in conformity and in compliance with the Tax Manual.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert and reviewer of many complex, highly technical areas in Canada Income Tax F&R such as, but not limited to, the following:
a. Tax credits such as Foreign tax credit, R&D credit, etc.
b. Related-party transactions (effecting transfer pricing issues)
c. Tax Accounting/Reporting matters
d. Employee-related tax adjustments (stock options, pension, keyman life insurance, non-qualified benefits, etc.)
e. Canada consolidation and partnership tax regulations, including the determination of quarterly estimated tax payments. These complex Canada income tax subject matters are characterized by the following attributes:
- Broad experience in business taxation working for a multinational company or a professional firm
- Experience and knowledge of taxation of various tax jurisditions;
- Strong leadership skills as exhibited through prior project management and/or supervisory experience;
- Recognized professional qualification and a member of a recognized accounting or legal professional body;
- Deep knowledge and experience in income tax law and practice;
- Strong understanding of governance processes, controls in a tax environment (including the TMF&C), and tax accounting/reporting under GAAP and IFRS;
- Effective communicator of complex tax issues; both oral and written
- Effective client/project management and task prioritization skills;
- Effective at establishing and utilizing external relationships and contacts for the benefit of Shell;
- Effective at influencing others within and outside of Shell Tax;
- Ability to adapt to new or changing circumstances and ambiguous or pressured situations;
- Demonstrates imagination and creativity in the evaluation of issues and development of possible solutions;
- Ability to evaluate tax risks, balance risk with Business objectives, and make recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate, and supportive of the Business;
- Effective team player on Tax and cross-functional/cross-sector teams.
Number of Vacancies: 1Benefits of working at Shell:
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Utwórz powiadomienie, a informacje o nowych ofertach pracy spełniających Twoje kryteria otrzymasz mailowo.
Dziękujemy za utworzenie powiadomienia. Nowe oferty pracy spełniające ustawione przez Ciebie kryteria będą przesyłane na Twój adres e-mail.
Zamknij okno, aby wrócić do poprzedniej strony.