Finance Process Owner (PO) teams play critical role in World Class Finance change. They are driving E2E thinking sitting at the heart of digital transformation. It is particularly important in Tax area, as both compliance processes, MIT (Manage Indirect Tax) & MDT (Manage Direct Tax) are highly dependent on transactional and financial data generated by Group businesses and Finance processes.
Tax PO team has a great track record of delivering, jointly with FO Tax Operations, top-quartile process effectiveness & securing business license to operate responding to increasingly growing tax authorities demands. With solid foundations in place, the team is focusing on its Integrated Process Plan (IPP) targets: Operational efficiency; Demand management; Low Cost Automation and Transformational process transformation.
The Senior Tax Process Expert role is critical to Tax PO team success. The group of Senior Process Experts will contribute to achieving expected level of strategic performance against the 3 year IPP, particularly actively participating in optimizing handoffs with business, finance & external partners, ensuring agile response to rapidly changing external requirements and delivering tax compliance transformational automation, clearing the path towards new generation of operations: Tax Control Room overseeing automated compliance process.
The Senior Tax Process Expert will work closely together with internal & external stakeholders from various in-country, Process Owners and Finance Operations teams to drive and support process excellence across process/organisational boundaries. They will drive and support the development and implementation of strategic initiatives aligned with the changing external landscape around digitisation. This will include support in defining data quality standards and critical tax data management, further optimizing integration & interfaces with other process.
The Senior Tax Process Expert will represent the Tax Process Owner as senior global Tax/Systems/Data Subject Matter Expert for complex tax relevant requirements and IT systems deployments & retrofits.
The role holder will also provide Tax/Systems/Data senior expert input into business projects as well as supporting resolution of Tax/Systems/Data relevant queries.
Tax Process Expert main accountabilities and activities vary according to the phase of ERP implementations, Upgrades, Change Bundles and projects but generally, they are:
- Providing in-depth expertise regarding end-2-end data, process execution and related information technologies/systems
- Supporting Process Owners/Executives efforts to assess and improve data, process execution, performance and/or design within the tax compliance process
- Ensuring timely response/resolution of issues and/or managing escalation when needed
- Aiding the resolution of cross process issues and/or organizational boundaries
- Providing initial and ongoing Super Users and Process Experts training/education with regards to process changes particularly around new releases of standards and versions of tools
- Supporting Process Experts in resolving complex problems, prioritization and change management
- Managing requests to change and/or enhance the processes and/or systems, including the raising, prioritization and coordination of Change Requests, which includes gathering business case and/or dimensions.
- Support user acceptance testing, implementation, Hypercare and stabilisation efforts
- Actively contribute to various user and support networks to share best practices and experiences
- Working within the Integrated Support Model and liaising with IT and Super Users to resolve incidents
- Supporting data, process and system retrofits and other future enhancement activities
Tax PO team is accountable for global Tax compliance processes managed by 600 FTEs, submitting 40k returns/report & 20k payments per year and maintain total tax payments of USD 60b.
The PO team owns 130 Tax IT applications, supports over 30 various ERPs & connected applications and maintains numerous engagements with external partners (vendors, advisors and process excellence teams from other multinationals).
Each Senior Tax Process Expert need to pro-actively contribute to managing the above scope based on assigned tasks and priorities.
Tax PO team is part of FO Tax organisation and is managed by Tax Process Owner. Tax PO-1 includes Tax Process Excellence Managers & Tax PMO, responsible for respective Tax compliance sub-processes. Tax Process Excellence Managers are supported by Tax PO-2 organisation with Tax Process Experts, Senior Tax Process Experts and some dedicated Experts for Payments & Reporting)
The Senior Tax Process Expert role is a global role, of individual contributor character, requiring strong teamwork attitude. It requires pro-active interactions with representatives of onshore and offshore organizations on various seniority levels, with a need to influence them (without formal reporting line) to drive & ensure compliance with Tax requirements. The role remains part of the Integrated Support Model together with process architects, application support desk, delivery vertical and other related support teams.
The incumbent needs to deal well with constant change, have courage to challenge, be comfortable with uncertainty and be able to manage deep understanding of details with ability to explain complex bigger picture to senior/non-Tax partners & stakeholders. This is a fast paced, challenging and complex assignment.
The individual will play a key role in helping the business and Tax Operations fully understand the E2E processes related to tax and help drive change for added value and benefit realisation. Therefore, it is expected that Senior Process Expert develops in-depth expertise of key integration points with other processes.
Due to the virtual nature of the wider team the individual is expected to demonstrate strong enterprise first behaviours, strong interpersonal skills, be an independent initiator and a key team player across the wider organization and work with minimum supervision. The Senior Process Expert will play critical role in accelerating Tax Digital Roadmap delivery and ensuring Tax readiness for Group digital developments. It will provide successful role holders to play an active role in complex Tax compliance transformational automation and provide numerous opportunities to acquire & expand digitally focused skills & capabilities.
Each Tax PO team individual is expected to play pro-active role in co-building agile, value focused, business oriented and enthusiastic organisation, that drives & delivers excellent outcomes as One Team.
This is a challenging role which will suit energetic, proactive individuals looking to build on their experience and gain a broader perspective of Shell Businesses and global operations. The successful individual will gain first-hand experience of delivering complex changes within the business, participating in Tax/Global automation projects and exposure to interactions with stakeholders on various levels of seniority, with numerous opportunities to expand in-depth future-oriented technical (e.g. digital) and leadership skills (e.g. driving change & influencing, leading without formal reporting line).
For this position we are looking for someone with a strong skills and knowledge of:
- Degree in Finance, Accountancy, Chartered Accountant preferred
- At least 8 years' business experience in MIT, MDT, R&A, AP, MHI, IT or Finance
- Strong preference for system knowledge of GSAP, SERP, Blueprint, Trading, Tax applications or low-cost-automation (LCA) technics
- Tax (e.g. VAT, WHT, Excise Duties, Direct Tax and Reporting) experience
- Strong understanding of the current end-2-end standard process in Tax and/or connected processes
- Strong, quick learning capability
- Digitally savvy
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Effective influencing skills, stakeholder management
- Excellent strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking
- Exhibits excellent communications/stakeholder engagement skills, both written and oral
- Generate own improvement ideas and initiatives, develop plans and deliver these
- Exhibits strong teamwork skills
During critical periods, such as changes of tax rates, other tax legislation or major system changes, Tax Process Expert may be required to be on call outside business hours to address urgent support issues.
Number of Vacancies: 2
Benefits of working at Shell:
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Utwórz powiadomienie, a informacje o nowych ofertach pracy spełniających Twoje kryteria otrzymasz mailowo.
Dziękujemy za utworzenie powiadomienia. Nowe oferty pracy spełniające ustawione przez Ciebie kryteria będą przesyłane na Twój adres e-mail.
Zamknij okno, aby wrócić do poprzedniej strony.