State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Financial Reporting Specialist, Associate 2
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-605545
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
- Prepare and review high quality sets of reconciliations and reporting packs to be used in financial statements (including Profit and Loss Balance Sheet Schedule of Investments Notes to Financial Statements) for annual and interim reporting cycles.
- Prepare and review audit documentation. Act as an immediate point of contact to internal clients on specialized audits or reviews if necessary. Provide assistance and support during financial statements audits and internal control reviews.
- Maintain a strong financial control infrastructure by preparing and reviewing comprehensive Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss reconciliations on a monthly basis. Liaise with other departments to address and resolve all the issues identified within a trial balance.
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve / escalate queries and problems within agreed deadlines.
- Work to tight deadlines in order to finalize client deliverables
- Provide coverage during absence of a line manager on BAU matters.
- Comply with accounting policies/procedures and internal control documentation.
- Understand the core processes and areas of risk within the business area and work with a management team to mitigate them.
- Perform other ad hoc tasks delegated by a supervisor
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Excellent English.
- Accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- Have a thorough understanding of basic accounting principles
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a financial reporting environment or 2 years funds experience.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway Job Description
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.