State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Collateral Subject Matter Expert, Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-607554
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Collateral management main focus is to reduce credit risk by exchanging eligible cash or securities between counterparties. The daily calculations are based on MTM of the underlying trades and results in sending Margin Calls, which in turn lead to agreeing transfers. Based on the agreements between our clients and the counterparties the Collateral team in Kraków ensures that all the exposures are fully collateralized and the agreed collateral transactions settle as agreed.
- Support client service, ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Answer queries from different departments, investigate and solve discrepancies
- Review and document process flows/procedures and contribute new ideas/improvements to further streamline the process
- Get involved in departmental ad-hoc projects
- Train and develop other team members
- Prepare monthly internal and external statistics
- Build new tools, coordinate implementation of improvements
- Be a change agent, support LEAN efforts
- Support ad hoc client requests
- Participate in processes on-boarding, testing
- Support macro maintenance
Work Parameters Or Boundaries:
- Internal procedures and regulations
- Internal Service Level Agreements
- FSA, EMIR Regulations
- Key Performance Indicators – timeliness and accuracy
- Project status
- Capacity goals
- Job Expectations and Priorities
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area.
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or part qualified an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years in Custody or associated business area.
- Very good knowledge of MS Excel and Outlook; PowerPoint and Word will be an advantage
- Numeracy skills; attention to details
- Accuracy and ability to work with tight deadlines
- Understanding of financial markets basics
- Good command of English; effective communication, ability to write official documents
- Ability to collaborate and teamwork; organizational skills; supervising group of specialist if need be
- Experience in finance or other related area
- Knowledge of OTC markets/ derivatives instruments or VBA would be an advantage
- Self-motivated and reliant, flexible
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.