State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
SSGA EMEA Product Tax Compliance and Oversight
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-608171
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Client Onboarding and ongoing maintenance
- Ensure appropriate documentation is in place for clients in tax transparent products at time of subscription.
- Ensure client documentation is renewed in order to maintain preferential tax rates, as required.
- Oversight of custodian’s application of appropriate tax rates at the investor level.
Product level tax documentation and application
- Ensure appropriate documentation is in place with the custodian to avail preferential tax rates.
- Create and supply updated documentation, as required to avail preferential tax rates.
- Validate the application of the appropriate rates by the custodian.
Tax reclaim oversight
- Ensure accrued tax reclaims are considered collectible.
- Work with the custodian to address out of tolerance items.
- Write down reclaims that are deemed uncollectible in a timely manner.
Fund level tax compliance
Ensure EMEA fund compliance with the Foreign Account tax Compliance Act (‘FATCA’), the Common Reporting
- Standard (‘CRS’) and other applicable tax reporting regimes.
- Monitor and communicate global tax changes that impact State Street Global Advisors products.
- Ensure State Street Global Advisors products are receiving the most preferential rates in all markets of investment.
Management of staff responsible for:
- U.S. Non-resident Alien withholding calculation and application relative to U.S. Common Trust Funds.
- U.S. tax reporting.
- Common Trust Fund investor reclaim administration tasks.
- Fund level tax documentation administration.
- Assist with answering client queries, as required.
- Assist with responses to tax specific RFP questions.
- Attend client meetings, as required.
- Assist with ensuring timely resolution of tax related issues by engaging with the custodian.
- Must be proficient in Excel and MS office products
- Strong understanding of tax reclamation process
- Detail oriented, organized
- High level of initiative and ownership
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Quality focus
- Prior experience with tax transparent and opaque EMEA investment vehicles preferable
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written
- Team player
- Very good English
Ten to twelve years relevant experience in tax administration and/or tax oversight. Strong people management skills and prior experience in a supervisory capacity.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.