This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing function within Finance Operations (FO) Governance Risk and Assurance (GRA), that of Business-dedicated GRA roles.
The role is set-up to integrate and further develop best practices in risk and control management for Global Functions (GF) or Projects and Technology (PT) and to ensure these are applied to support value delivery and improved performance. The role reports to the FO GRA lead and will support Governance and Assurance activities and the related key risk and Assurance processes for Functions, such as Assurance planning, Assurance Committees, Assurance Letter, Risk Management and reporting/learning from incidents. These activities require a strong connect with the Finance in the Business (FitBs). The role supports the FO GRA lead to work with finance teams and business leaders to drive operating effectiveness of the Shell Control Framework (SCF) and drive changes in processes, procedures, tools and behaviours to achieve this. This covers communication, training, and supporting and advising management to ensure standards required applied.
The GRA Senior Analyst will develop a thorough knowledge of the organisation and activities and the governance, risk and assurance Subject Matter Expert (SME) activities. The role will have regular interactions with key stakeholders as needed to support the various Risk and Assurance activities. The analyst will be a key point of contact between FO GRA and functions managing day to day GRA queries and managing the various functions and FO interfaces on a day to day basis in the areas of e.g. Assurance Committees, Business Assurance Letter, Manual of Authorities, Assurance tracking, Assurance Planning, etc.
The candidate will play a key role in owning, developing and improving GRA products, processes, procedures and tools. Strong interpersonal relationship skills are required to work closely together with Finance Managers and Functions Leadership Teams (LTs).
Finance Operations Governance, Risk & Assurance services have a global functional responsibility and provide a strong connection between the Business and FO.
The Business facing GRA roles support the Business by ensuring that control frameworks for business controls are operating effectively and by ensuring support processes are meeting Business needs. The GRA design principles split management of financial control framework and the Business control framework. This role covers business control framework matters only.
FO GRA Senior Analyst will report to FO GRA Lead.
The position requires regular interfaces with the following teams, stakeholders and networks such as:
- Global Functions/Projects and Technology Finance Managers and Business/Functions Leadership Teams
- Group GRA Centre of Excellence
- Subject Matter Experts Networks
- FO Controller Teams (GRA Services, Assurance, Ethics, Compliance and Governance)
The GRA Senior Analyst key accountabilities include the following:
- The FO GRA senior analyst reports to the FO GRA Lead and acts as his/her deputy where required
- Maintain regular communication with Finance Managers and Business/Functions LTs and FO GRA functions on status, issues and exceptions that are related to/impact management in control status;
- Supports business management to translate business goals to the function risk profile and assists risk review sessions;
- Coordinates preparing Business Assurance Committees to provide the status of assurance to respective leadership teams;
- Coordinates & supports the annual Business Assurance Letter process and agrees qualifications and commentaries;
- Coordinates the building, supports and monitors the Annual Assurance Plan
- Maintains contacts/communication with Business and Finance, peers, FO GRA, other stakeholders;
- Assists and owns day to day GRA related questions;
- Participates in projects dedicated to process improvement, supports and promotes standardization initiatives incl. migrations to Shell Business Operations (SBO); engages in ad-hoc spot checks or external audits;
- Ensures integrity and good quality of Manual of Authorities and helps continuously improve this process for both;
- Support process of incident management;
- Tracks the actions in Radar system to monitor completeness vs the Assurance
- Participates on request in relevant Line of Defense 2 assurance reviews or spot checks.
The GRA senior analyst will provide support in a changing and demanding business environment. Delivery can be stretching giving the position holder an opportunity to gain a comprehensive understanding of GRA products and processes both from a business and FO perspective. As the role looks at wider business aspects of the control framework and not just the financial aspects it provides deep and varied business knowledge.
The GRA Senior Analyst needs to be proactive, quickly build up the business knowledge, resolve issues with limited guidance and work independently, and possess a strong drive to deliver and contribute to the business. Willingness to learn and enthusiasm are vital for a successful interpretation of this opportunity.
The role requires working effectively across both organizational and cultural barriers to influence key stakeholders to establish and operate robust risk-based control frameworks. It operates in an environment where effectiveness is achieved through influence rather than line authority. Strong relationship building and influencing skills are called upon to “get the job done”.
Experienced in GRA or related processes preferred (Internal Controls, Controls Assurance, Ethics, Compliance, Governance, Audit, Compliance)
Qualified accountant/finance/audit/internal controls professional (or qualified by experience) with experience in auditing/governance, assurance and compliance areas
With ability to plan and execute audits/tests and walkthroughs
With passion for operational excellence and CI, to aid in our drive to Top Quartile in FO GRA and to motivate others to do so
With excellent interpersonal and communication skills (English written and spoken) and ability to influence, motivate and coach multi-cultural virtual teams of varying experience and know-how;
Number of Vacancies: 2
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects