Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Start your career with BBH and learn firsthand about our services, culture, financial services industry and contribute to the development projects in Financial Services Sector. We put a lot of care into our internship programs as they help us identify our future hires and leaders.During the internship you will work closely with Desktop Support Technician, you assist in user needs analysis, hardware and software configuration and installation and upgrades of desktop hardware and software. The position supports restoring services, identifying and correcting core hardware and software problems.
To be successful, you will need to:
- Log problem descriptions and actions taken to resolve user calls
- Install software on stand-alone PCs/laptops
- Follow-up with users and technical staff to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction
- Troubleshoot hardware problems and refer to appropriate hardware support resource
- Troubleshoot basic LAN problems and refer to LAN technicians when necessary
- Troubleshoot application problems
- Research technical problems/issues
- Provide video support for Krakow office
- 3rd, 4th or 5th year students of Computer Science or related field and/or with equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of Local Area Networks (LAN)
- Ability to use standard desktop tools effectively, including Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes
- Client service skills
- Analytical and problem solving abilities
- A high level of written and spoken English as you will be communicating with colleagues from our global offices on a daily basis
Internship duration : 4 months
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to gain IT, finance knowledge, and much more...
- Attractive salary
- Training opportunities and dynamic career development
- Daily interaction with team members across the globe