State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Procurement, IT and IP Senior Legal Manager
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-610805
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Provides legal advice and legal services for licensing, outsourcing, consulting, procurement and similar engagements with technology, service and other providers; advises on technology, data security and privacy matters; and, as needed, participates in meetings and working groups to assist and provide guidance with respect to information technology projects, corporate and business unit projects, various initiatives and M&A related activities across State Street’s global operations.
Responsibility for a wide variety of matters, including:
- Counseling on the legal issues and related processes associated with licensing, hosting, outsourcing, consulting, procurement and similar arrangements, including negotiation of contracts, providing guidance on disputes and related documentation, participation in risk analyses, advising on process issues (e.g., confidentiality agreements and RFPs); and integration of policy and practice objectives of other corporate divisions (e.g., corporate information security and privacy)
- Advising Intellectual Property Department and business units regarding third party engagements throughout the procurement process and duration of the relationship, including working in partnership with State Street’s procurement and vendor management teams
- Advising and supporting due diligence on technology and sourcing matters for acquisitions, joint ventures and other initiatives
- Monitoring outsourced legal process resources, primarily in support of contractual procurement matters
- Monitoring and identifying regulatory risks and issues and providing solutions to minimize corporate exposure
- Special projects as requested.
The successful candidate will satisfy the following requirements:
- Demonstrated experience in contractual negotiations over a wide variety of third party engagements, including, licensing, technology services, consulting services, financial services, market data, general business services, temporary employment and contractor services and/or other similar contractual relationships
- Skilled in technology, outsourcing, licensing and a range of service relationships
- Fundamental understanding of financial services, open source, information technology, regulatory obligations, intellectual property, privacy and information security
- Maturing communication, client service, drafting and writing skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary environment, communicating with various levels of internal clients in a large entity.
- Juris Doctorate and bar admission
- Experience and ability to excel, individually and collaboratively, in a multi-disciplinary environment, communicating with various levels in a large firm
- Minimum 5-8 years of related work experience
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.