Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
As a Lead Business Analyst- Fintech Project Implementation you’ll anticipate and responds to client issues, questions, requests and work to create operational efficiencies. Your very good technical skills, some project management experience, and ability to handle multiple tasks at once will enable you to multi-task in a fast-paced environment driven to provide day-to-day client service support to the FinTech global client base. To be successful, you’ll need to demonstrate a combination of excellent problem solving and client servicing skills.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, introduce yourself by submitting your resume.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead internal and/or external client workshops/meetings to gather, understand, and set client’s project goals, workflows, complex business needs, gaps, and opportunities.
- Conduct and coordinate business analysis efforts for projects and initiatives. Determine how changing business needs will affect the system, product, process, and solution. Describe the business need and potential solution in terms that both business and technical teams can understand. Review and approve all technical documentation related to the approved solution.
- Understand the Product/System architecture and functionality, and assess the feasibility of client requests and apply the features of the various products as applicable.
- Create, review and approve high level scope documents, use cases, issue logs, project status documents, change control documents, and business cases
- Conduct business analysis efforts for projects and initiatives independently and manage multiple projects and initiatives concurrently
- Manage projects of high complexity
- Apply industry knowledge and standards to BBH’s products and client workflows to ensure the most efficient and effective client solutions.
- Oversee project management activities on assigned tasks to ensure projects stay on budget and are completed within agreed upon timeframes. Develop project plans and achieve outcomes according to budget reviews and escalate budget and/or change of scope variances as appropriate.
- Oversee and/or perform testing of systems changes, development of product announcements and any needed modification to client demonstrations.
- Effectively collaborate with cross – functional teams
- Solve difficult problems ad needed through proposing insightful, knowledgeable, effective solutions and make key decisions independently or with minimal supervision
- Identify and address gaps in knowledge of internal business groups and external client groups, and participate in the training of other team members and clients as needed.
- Manage client expectations and project priorities as it relates to BBH product strategy and priorities
- Identify and qualify additional revenue generation opportunities.
- Coach and mentor analysts in accomplishing stated division goals and assigned projects.
- Lead and/or assist with post project reviews.
- BA/BS degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years related work experience.
- Ability to take action in solving problems, while exhibiting a realistic understanding of the scope of the issue.
- Demonstrated application of project management principles, practices, tools and techniques, planning, scope and issues management, budgeting, and facilitation.
- Creative and effective problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including targeting the communication to the audience and negotiation. Ability to compose, edit, and review sophisticated written materials.
- Financial services industry knowledge and experience is a plus.
- SWIFT messaging, communication methods such as FTP and MQ, and other systems and Internet technologies knowledge is a plus.
- Proficiency using windows based applications, including MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and MS Project.
- Oral communication skills including the ability to facilitate effective meetings and to deliver presentations.
- Consultative and advisory skills with a proven ability to build confidence in interacting with internal and external clients.
- Ability to multi task.
- Flexible and adaptable in dealing with a client's evolving needs.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others